1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First snow in KC!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Loganab13, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Loganab13

Loganab13 Member

Hey guys, just thought I'd share a few pictures of the first real plowable snow in the Kansas City area. I sure am ready for more!

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Looks like you did get a little down there
    I only got 1'' out that storm this time I'm in Kirksville 2.5-3 hrs north east of you

3. Loganab13

Loganab13 Member

We got between 4-4.5" down here. I'm actually about 45 minutes south of KC. It was easy to push, but it did like to blow around a lot.

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Good deal, nice pictures!

5. Loganab13

Loganab13 Member

Thanks! We're forecasted freezing rain & drizzle tomorrow & Friday.. hopefully it's all snow & no ice

6. Antlerart06

That's same forecast I am seeing here
    I love the ice faster money spreading salt

But wouldn't mind some snow to try out my new tires on my skid

7. Loganab13

Loganab13 Member

Hopefully the ice goes North then:nod: I don't mind it, it is easy money, but the fun is all in the plowing for me. Money is money though, won't complain too much either way

8. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Dude your in pleasant hill!! I live right near there!

9. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

We were stacking that's for sure. Down in Belton we were making piles! Nothing though compared to the New England area. I can't believe I was excited to go push the little we got.

10. Loganab13

Loganab13 Member

No way! If you're from Belton then you're just about 10 minutes from me lol. Small world right?

11. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

I don't live in Belton, we do the Aldi's down there. They had a good 4 inches there. I'm between pleasant Hill and Lone Jack. Definitely a small world! That's hilarious lol

12. Loganab13

Loganab13 Member

Well you're definitely not far from me then. I was just happy to get out & push some snow around.. hopefully we will get more this weekend:nod:

13. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice clean truck

14. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Yeah I'm hopin so, Add to those tiny piles lol I'm hearing 1-3" we'll see. At least go salt, hope to plow. We need to wear down our v-xt cutting edges...

15. Loganab13

Loganab13 Member

Thank you! it's a 2001 with 150,xxx miles. It was spotless up until last plow season, I conveniently found a pole after I slid sideways into it. After a new tailgate & bumper, it's good as new.. She may be older but she sure is fast!

16. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I've got a 2 similar one's you have the diesel. Mine are both gas although the v10 is quite snappy its fun to drive check out the posts called purple dodge ram project and another ram project lots good upgrades from the purple dodge project

17. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, tell me about it. It's ABOUT FREAKING TIME! It sure was nice to finally get out and make some payup :D

18. Antlerart06

You guys get any to push on 2-19-15

19. Loganab13

Loganab13 Member

We got about 1/2", so no triggers got met. Hoping for better luck this weekend.

20. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

About 1.5 inches. I was out plowing and salting from 2300-0530 this morning. Have one more, my self storage place to go do, but was waiting for daylight. No rush to get them done. I had no trouble getting around, but turned on the news while the wife was getting ready this morning and there are wrecks everywhere. I think MoDOT dropped the ball. A lot of snow packed (turning to ice) roads this morning. I saw on the 6pm news yesterday that I guess they went out for yesterday's evening rush hour and put down salt brine which of course immediately turned to ice, wrecks everywhere. Really? Brineing when it's 12 degrees? DUH!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015