1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First snow in CA....yes, I said California.

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by roysleight, Nov 27, 2010.

1. roysleight

roysleight Junior Member

We're at 3300' elevation in northern CA. Finally got a taste of snow last night. Got to get busy on the neighbors roads.

Plowing Piper & Matt005.jpg
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's the only place in California I could live.
  3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

x2....... Send it our way!
  4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

it's just sad that it snows in CA before MO :realmad:
  5. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

Wish it looked like that here. Congrats on the snowpayup
  6. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Good for you! Enjoy!
  7. roysleight

roysleight Junior Member

Thanks guys. It should be coming your way soon. Happy plowing!
  8. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

What year is that Toy? Late 70's, very early 80's I'm guessing. That thing looks to be in good shape considering the bodies on those only lasted a few years around here before they rotted off the frame. Great, tough little trucks!
  9. roysleight

roysleight Junior Member

It's an '83. Use it for hunting and plowing basically. Some cancer here and there but still runs good. Had to redesign a plow frame designed for later models to mount the Meyer setup. Old plow blades laid in the bed for traction.
  10. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

Another Northern CA plowsiter here too! We are at 1800' and got some flakes, but nothing was sticking. I did head up to Tahoe on Sunday and there's well over 6-8 feet in the mountains already. It's going to be a great ski season!!
  11. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

Most people will be surprised just how much snow CA gets. I believe Placer County, CA (my neighboring county) gets more snowfall than any other county in the United States.
  12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I don't even think I could live there.
  13. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Want to sell that Hilux? How long have you had her?
  14. roysleight

roysleight Junior Member

I could never part with her. They just don't build them like that any more. She's always been there for me for 25 years now. Over 260,000 miles and all original engine with no major work. The wife's '08 Avalon had three recalls in the first year! Happy plowing!