1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First snow and im waiting fo tth JB Weld to set up b4 I can go....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Northland, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Well... Its finally snowed enough here... I go out to service the first account on my route and lo and behold... My power steering resevior goes dry. I limp back home, fill it it and have the g/f turn the wheel for me while I watch and waddya know...a nice little pin stream of fluid squirtin out the bottom of the resevior. I dont know how it go there....but I do know it was just sitting and waiting until today to screw me over....:angry: So I dried it off real good and slathered on some JB Qwick and now I screwing around on here waiting for it to set up. I wont fix it but it should slow it down enough to get me through tonight....otherwise Im gonna go through about a gallon of ATF.....

2. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Rusted out. Those things are cheaply made. I had to replace mine for the same reason.

Probably made with cheap pot metal.

You wouldnt go through a gallon, but maybe a pint or so. Unless its a larger pinhole than I had.

3. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Well.. The JB slowed it down. I ended up going through 3 quarts of ATF throughout the night. Very odd leak... It was leaking from the resevoir but only when it was under load. Must a little bit of pressure built up in the res when under load. Threw a new one on today it needed one anyway...so should be good to go...

4. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Go get it done now Northland. :)

5. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

3 quarts? Wow...you had to have split a weld or a seam or something. I went through a pint every couple days for a week before I replaced mine.

6. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Oops... I just read my intial post and saw that it said "I wont fix it...." I meant to say "It wont fix it...." meaning the JB Weld Yeah... I wasnt gonna run like that for the rest of the season thats for sure. I was only pissed that I couldnt get a pump at 2330 on a Sunday night.... I coulda spent that hour I waited for the JB Weld to set up to put the damn pump on. I was kinda ironic since I was doing an auto parts store lot when it went to pot....

7. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

hey northland, that was some snow we got the other day, huh! I think we made more sparks then we did move snow, lol. Now we just got this rain and sleet just now, thought about going sanding, but figured id wait and see what later tonight brings, there still talking we could see a little snow after 5. Well, hope you have better luck next snow!