1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First SMART Car with a Plow in the World

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by AlertSnow, Feb 17, 2010.

1. AlertSnow

AlertSnow Member

Alright Guys,

Here you have it. I was going to wait to post with my official press release, but just have been too busy. I wanted to at least put this image in your minds and show you what I have been doing with my business.

I fabricated a custom mounting system to allow the plow to hitch in. I selected the Argi Cover, Inc. ATV plow. As I back up the plow flattens out to drag along the surface and as I drive forward it applies force to straighten the plow up vertically to push against the snow.

I kid you not, this is the first smart car with a plow on it or even any utility use item.

The Smart car is rear-wheel drive and don't allow its flaw to alter your impression of it. I probably handle in the snow better then most cars out there. If I have any problems with snow conditions and traction I do rarely put on a product called Snow Grips over the rear wheels. The Snow Grips are a fabric sleeve traction system.

There is more to come with my company and its innovation of the Smart Car. I also have normal size trucks a landscape company would have and depend on them a lot. I am in the process of acquiring a piece of land to create a store front business and produce quality, vibrant mulch product. Also, the smart car fleet with be in full force this season with cylinder mowers attached to it providing a golf course quality cut.

[​IMG]

2. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Hmmmmmm.....

3. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

WE NEED ACTION SHOTS!!!!! lmao

4. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

x2 gotta see this thing in action

5. AlertSnow

AlertSnow Member

I'll try to get some action shots. We just got done dealing with the 20inches here and well... obviously it doesn't handle 20inches. So, i'll be getting it back out on the road real soon

6. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

so you said you have and depend on the larger trucks and what not, so what kind of action do the smart cars see? i am honestly curious. i dont mean to put you down in anyway so please dont take it that way. it is a good thing to see someone have an idea and see it through and make it work.

7. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

So wait, youre putting a mower on it too, did I read that right?

8. AlertSnow

AlertSnow Member

The smart car right now is my primary vehicle for residential driveways. It works great for the 2-4inches we typically get. I am working on subcontracting work now with a local college for their black-top walkways.

When I say i depend on bigger trucks I mean that I love my trucks I have and know I need to keep them around so no one gets confused that forming a bandwagon of smart cars are the way to go.

I will try to get action shots asap

9. AlertSnow

AlertSnow Member

Yes, right now the plans go for 3 21inch overlapping cylinder blades that will be driving electrically. Estimated weight only 70lbs

You won't have to get out of the way and we know how great a cylinder mower does

10. SuperdutyShane

Hmm, seems like you have big plans for this thing. Best of luck with it.

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Now I've seen everything. We need video ASAP!

12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Gimmick. Not buying it.

13. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Maybe so, but it's original. I'd have to wear a mask just driving a smart car and not plowing with it.

14. SuperdutyShane

I feel the same way. Of course, Im not a fan of the environmentalist type who are usually the ones driving these things.

15. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Hey I'm all for the Smartcar, but to put a plow or mower on it? Stupid.

16. AlertSnow

AlertSnow Member

To be honest as far as the car goes I have not thought of it as a way to pursue an enviromentalist aspect. If anything I am trying to protray an image of efficiency of provided service, convience, and a vibrant apperance that is inviting to the clientel

17. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Well look at the bright side if he breaks down he could just throw it in the back of his pick up

18. AlertSnow

AlertSnow Member

hahaha man I wish I had a penny for everytime I heard that. The car has forecertain attracted its pranks from buddies of mine and where they decided to place it or make it an annoying ride for me

19. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

interesting, me too im not for the crazed enviros in this country, however to use something like a smart car would be a great idea, think about how much less your spending in fuel and maint. If they could make a truck like that then that would be all the way worth it. Think about who spends the most in fuel, us contractors are one of them, driving around all day all night. This would be a neat thing

20. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Couple well placed piles by the competition and you'll be stuck in the driveway your cleaning!