1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

first sign of white stuff:

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BushHogBoy, Dec 13, 2004.

1. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

well here it is folks... flurries today :angry:
    why i am angry you ask? because I am waiting on everyone else.... waiting for the owner of the 4x4 i want to buy to get a hold of me. waiting for the plow to be brought down... going to get the truck as soon as the owner can meet me and i can look at it, and i'm sure it will need lots of little things done, if not, i have until next weekend to put in stereo stuff, add lights, etc. the plow, well, the owner lives here but the plow is at his old place 3.5 hrs away so he is going to get it next weekend. i'm pretty sure i can't be ready to plow for at least a week if not more... probably in reality closer to 2 weeks before i'm all ready :angry: the worst thing is no one else seems to feel the urgency that i do about this matter..... arrghhh!!!!!!! :yow!: :gunsfiring:

anyway here is what its doing right now outside. first white we've had at my house... Thanksgiving day my uncle and i spotted some almost like this in the next town over.

first snow.jpg

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Your the one who waited to December to buy a truck and plow. You don't need a stereo and fancy lights to plow driveways.

3. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

well, alot has changed in the last two weeks- I have picked up alot more snow removal work which dictates what equipment i need. two weeks ago i did not need a truck. Since then i have been looking for one. 6 days ago I found this one and still have not heard from the guy. it is for sale but his brother procrastinates in telling him to call me!!!
    as i said, the stereo and lights are low priority, but if everything else is done then i will work on it until the plow comes. I really do not think we'll have any plowable snow before I am ready, but it IS south/central Indiana so anything can happen with weather......

4. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Do you have a truck with a plow that you officialy own at the moment?

5. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

bolensdriver-
    No i don't currently own one... the truck in the pic is my only vehicle at this moment. I just sold a car that I had to a buddy, that will make room and money for the truck I want to buy, which is in my signature line.

6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

start looking for another truck so if this deal falls through you have something lined up.

7. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Yeah i found plenty other good older trucks, but I would prefer this one. it kinda caught my eye you might say... also I will be able to get it alot cheaper than any of the other options. we'll see. I think i will be able to go look at it today or tomorrow...

8. DERBYDON

DERBYDON Member

Bushhog Boy,

What will you do if it snows before you're ready?

I'm south of you in Sellersburg. Contact me if you get in a real bind. I can be in Columbus in an hour (after I clear my accounts (if we ever get any))!

(502)777-3972 :sleeping:

9. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

eric, whats the update on the truck?

10. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Derby Don,
    Thanks for the offer i'll keep it in mind and i do have a few local contacts too but you can never have too many.

Pro- I bought the truck, hopefully going to bring it home today. I even picked up some Dodge chrome wheels (the directional ones like they had pretty much all through the 90's) with some good tires mounted to them, for $50! Yes i am a bargain hunter! LOL.

as a side note, I had a guy give me a set of chrome semi truck exhaust stacks! Those will look really trick on my F350 flatbed :drinkup: :nod: :waving: :cool: straight pipes (i mean totally straight, maybe glasspacks) going through those huge pipes will sound awesome!