1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Seasonal Contract!!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by cold_and_tired, Jun 5, 2010.

1. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I've had this medium sized commercial property for three years and have always done it hourly. I got a phone call from the facilities manager asking if I could work up a seasonal contract for landscape maintenance and snow removal.

I came home and did a little math and a little reading on this great forum and turned in my bid. He was happy with the numbers and so am I.

I want to try to get one or two more of my commercial accounts to switch over to seasonal. If that happens, I could care less if it snows or not!

Now I just need to find a 12-14 foot pusher.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

See. Don't you feel better now that you have a seasonal contract,unless you under bid it!

Glad I could help;)
  3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

congratulations,hope things go well for you
  4. cold_and_tired

I figured you would be offering some "help".:laughing:

I put a clause in the contract stating that the seasonal price only covers two events per month. Any more than that and we would revert back to hourly pricing. payup

Two events per month has been the average for the last three seasons.

I guess I better start reading up on pre-treatments now.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Wait a minute. your seasonal contract only covers about 10 plows for the season?
  6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

If both of you are that happy with the seasonal contract then why not do it for 3 years and be locked in? Hell, they already know the kind of work you do.......

Good luck!
  7. cold_and_tired

10 is correct. We rarely get more than that. We will start getting snow in late October, then we usually get nothing in December and January. February is hit or miss and we make the big bucks in March, April and the first half of May.

I spoke with him today and locked everything in for two years. Such a HUGE relief.
  8. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's awesome!