1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Season Starting

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Meatplow, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Meatplow

Meatplow Junior Member

Hey there everyone,

I had a few questions on what some of you would reccommend for a suitable plow for my truck. I looked at some posts and I'm sure I am going to get "flammed" for using this truck for plowing. The truck would be plowing driveways and small commercial lots.

It is a:

2007 Toyota Tundra 4WD Double Cab. 5.7L V8 - At the moment just under 30k miles.

What I would like to know is a suitable plow package that won't hurt the front end too much. Also the kit that I would need. I tried using the e-match feature but it never listed a suitable plow.

Also, I figured on changing the transmission about 1-2 a month durring the winter. But, I am very new to the plowing scene and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance folks.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

No flamming on this site......

Based on my reading here, I would be looking for a Snoway. Lightweight, durable, down pressure.

I have seen those trucks locally with the "regular" Fisher MM push plates. Which would lead me to believe you could get an HT, or SD. I would personally go with the HT if you go Fisher.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. azandy

azandy Member

Happy to see new members. No one should give you to much hard time for having a toyota. As long as there isn't a big number 18 on the door. Call your dealer or a few plow dealers. they will have a spec for your truck. I wouldn't exceed what they say, as your warranty could be gone.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I have install Snoways on a couple of Tundra, they do Ok.

Welcomer to plowsite.:waving:
  6. Meatplow

Meatplow Junior Member

Well, the wife won't agree to let me take back my truck. So right now I am free to buy whatever I can get my hands on.

Thanks for the help and advice guys, I appreciate it, but I didn't win this fight.

Right now I am getting my heart set on buying a:

(2005) GMC 2500 HD. V8 6.0L (crew cab) Sierra

I am going to make a new post reguarding this. Again, thanks for the help everyone.

7. Miller1155

Miller1155 Junior Member

Being from Detroit I must say BUY A FORD!! lol....Good luck.