1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Season Offering Snow Removal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BelleTerra, Dec 5, 2009.

1. BelleTerra

BelleTerra Junior Member

Hi Everyone!

This is the first season my company is offering the snow plowing services, fortunealty Ive been lucky to have been surrounded by knowledgable people in my life who have gotten out of the business and passed on clients to my business. So far so good. As we've only had one snow fall. Am looking forward to becoming more aquainted with some of you on the site!

Thanking you all in advanced for advice!

Missy

P.S. Any more Ontarians out there?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  2. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Quite a few here from Ontario. Where are you located?

3. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Good luck, On your new Biz. Do you do removal or plowing ? I see lots of people call plowing removal. Just be careful some people think you will haul the snow away if you call it removal .

4. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

congrats on getting started in the snow business. best advice...snow falling is money falling from the skies, so take advantage and earn some of it.

you'll find a lot of good advice here. you'll find a lot of sarcasm. but i think it was put best, (and i dont remember by whom) but take what you need or like as far as information and leave the rest, don't get offended when someone is a smarta$$

5. BelleTerra

BelleTerra Junior Member

Tell me, Ive seen you in the Shoppers Plaza and around town..... Correct me if im wrong..

Im making ya guess my location!

6. BelleTerra

BelleTerra Junior Member

tymusic
    I am hoping to gain some valuable advice... sacrasm?..... Whats that? ..... lol Yes thats to be expected on every forum ya join!! I do appreciate the heads up, I will try my best to retain the silly questions that attract those "Smart" ones.

Thank you for the welcome tymusic

7. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Yep that would be me. Good to have someone else from the "Grey" Bruce area. I just got back from some clean up this morning.

Welcome aboard!:waving:

Jamie.

8. redman6565

commercial accounts or residential accounts?

9. BelleTerra

BelleTerra Junior Member

Thank you! Im pretty pumped for some snow!

We do snow plowing, not removal. I appreciate the heads up, never thought of the confusion that would be had. However, we do have our contacts for snow hauling if needs to be done!

10. BelleTerra

BelleTerra Junior Member

Right On Jamie, Nice to meet you! Hows it going with your services at Shoppers Plaza?

Are you doing snow removal as well?

See you around, maybe tomorrow! :waving:

11. BelleTerra

BelleTerra Junior Member

A bit of both acutally, and youreslf?

12. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I see you have a skid steer in your sig. What are you using on the front?

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome and good luck.

14. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Welcome Bella Terra, I think you will like it here on PS :drinkup:

15. redman6565

we stick to just commercial accounts, our equipment is too big to do residentials for the most part, plus they are a pain in the ass

16. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome Bella. post up some pics and have a good winter.