1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First salting of the season!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by The Boss, Nov 17, 2005.

1. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Well, we got some snow yesterday but just flurries, lol. The night before, it rained and froze over night so I finally got to use the new spreader I got from Plow Meister. The thing worked great!! I put down 30 bags at one account and 8 at another. Now maybe we can get some use out of the plows soon.

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

What type of spreader is it? 30 bags, How many times did you have to get in and out of the truck? We had some snow flurries here today. Started sticking on the grass and along the side of highways. No need to salt. It all melted away about 15 minutes after the sun came out.

JP

3. glad to see someone making moneypayup :drinkup:

4. The Boss

It's a western swing away 2000. Nice spreader. I only had to fill it twice to spread 30 bags. I'll get some pics. soon.

5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

BOSS, I got my new spreader installed over the weekend, and naturally it the new BOSS, I can't wait to try it, will post pics as well.

Take Care

6. Young Pup

Can't wait to see the pictures of these. Sounds like they are nice.

JP

7. The Boss

Sorry it took so long getting pics. We've been salting every other day for a week and got a few plowings in. I plowed more last weekend than I did all of last season. Pathetic.

Resized_Resized_DSC00499.jpg

8. The Boss

Swing-away mode.

Resized_Resized_DSC00501.jpg

9. The Boss

A couple of the truck. Notice "The Boss" sitting on the passenger seat supervising, lol.

Resized_DSC00502.jpg

10. The Boss

One more. Scoop position.

Resized_DSC00503.jpg

11. I see it has a built in stop light. Nice feature. I'm planning on installing on on my 1075 snowEx. Probably a small bank of LED's.

Looks good!!!!

12. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Finally got a few pics of the new salter, not that is back and working.

My Salter.jpg

13. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Overview, what a machine :nod:

Overview of Back with salter.jpg

14. Young Pup

The Boss, that thing is big. No wonder it only took 2 fill ups.

Eyesell is that the one with the button to raise it? Aw red one of my favorite colors.

JP

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Yeah it's pretty nice, I have a small dolly I bought and lower it when finished, push it into the garage and your done, it's pretty cool.

P.S. Don't look at my messey garage :dizzy:

Spreader alone.jpg

16. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Is this your truck.. looks like a GMC... has the amber turn signals... Fords do not have these...

17. The Boss

Yup, it's mine. Now that you mention that it does look like GMC up close but trust me, it's a Ford.