1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First push with the new Arctic Blade (Video)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 3ipka, Jan 8, 2011.

1. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

2. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

looks like it scrapes really nice.

I think some end plates or wings would really help down the road if you have to move alot of snow.

I like the look of that blade. 2 speed skid?

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice vid. Looks like the plow works well. Good job.

4. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

Already have a pair of galvanized box end plates for it... You can see them on the arctic website...
    Yea the machine is a 2 speed but in the movie it was only in first gear...as u can tell from the tripping blade there are some pot holes so I took it slow

5. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

awesome. that will work well.

I actually really like the look of those blades, and I know that doesnt really count its how it works, but it looks like it works well.

6. loaderplower93

loaderplower93 Member

that looks really nice...cool plow and nice machine keep up the good work!

7. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

that blade wont angle anymore for you?

8. fargosnowpro

fargosnowpro Member

Lookin good!

Do you notice an excessive exhaust smell while running that Case?

9. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

i have been all over these blades for my next one. just the simplicity no extra things to go wrong like a blizzard or v blade. and you can get that plow for a truck so you can have a 9 ft pusher on your pickup which would be nice for clean up during the day with traffic at a plaza... looks great!!! i would like to see some more vid with the end plates.

10. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

It might look a little deceiving but the blade is angled a full 30 degrees, throws the snow quite well
    My father and I have been running artic blades on trucks for decades. They are simple, well built, and since we switched to using heavy equipment more then trucks in the recent past it seemed like the logical way to go.
    We are suppose to get 5-10cm on wed so Ill try and get some vids with the plates on.

11. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

Yeah simple is what ive been hearing and thats kind of something we over look now a days with all these new type of plows. they seem to have the quality of boss plows.

good luck with your 5-10 this week:drinkup:

12. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

i keep seeing these Arctic blades.... they look really solid and do a very good job

13. JCark

JCark Member

Great video! That blade sure does a good job.