1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First push with my new truck and plow 02/12/08

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by D&R Plowing, Feb 13, 2008.

1. D&R Plowing

D&R Plowing Member

Finally had some snow and got the chance to plow. The truck really worked out fine as did the plow. Had my 21 year old son along for his first plow run.

First Push with my New Truck and Plow 011a.JPG

First Push with my New Truck and Plow 013b.JPG

First Push with my New Truck and Plow 015b.JPG
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck..how much did you get?
  3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree nice truck. We just got our First plowing event too. LOL
  4. D&R Plowing

D&R Plowing Member

Thanks Guy's, We got about 4 inches and now rain and freezing rain. It was the first real snow since I got the truck about a month ago.
  5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice:salute: , is that the "Plow King" or whatever they call it?

Doesnt look like your puching much snow there :D
  6. D&R Plowing

D&R Plowing Member

Forgot the camera so I had to go back and get it. Then I finished it up and took the pic's. The pics are at my boat club. :drinkup:
  7. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Nice truck and nice pictures.
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Love a white truck!:drinkup:
  9. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

That must suck to have only one snow storm this year, here in Berrien County,Michigan I have plowed most all of my res. & com. accounts about 12 to 14 times,(apx. min of 3'' up to 12'') the school that I plow at is up to about 20 times, but that lot has to be done after a 1'' or more of snow, they are calling for another 2''-4'' tonight on top of the 8''-10'' we allready have and lots more sunday, (plus we get that great LAKE EFFECT snow)
    I get up at about 2:30am and drop the blade at 3:00am and don't get home untill 6:00 or 8:00pm and some times later.

Didn't meen to hijack the thread, but I thought every one was getting more than one good snow.

Good luck to all that needs snow, be safe out there and watch out for stupid people doing stupid things!

10. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Nice truck.

To cameo89, I live up in East Lansing, and we've been getting lots of snow, too. It makes me even more angry that my truck is currently non-operable!!!! :angry:
  11. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck and plow. What dose the sxt stand for
  12. D&R Plowing

D&R Plowing Member

Cameo89, We have had more snow this this but I just got the truck and plow about 3 - 4 weeks ago. The day after I bought it, the temp went to the 40's. Go figure huh. I'm sure we will get more snow between now and the end of March. Hopefully a lot more.
  13. D&R Plowing

D&R Plowing Member

f250man. The SXT is a new model in between the St and the SLT. More options then the ST and less then the SLT. I was originally going to buy an f350 or f250 but could not put the deal together. A friend of mine sells Dodge and well, the rest is history. The lifetime warranty Chrysler has was a deciding factor.
  14. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Where in NY do you live?
  15. D&R Plowing

D&R Plowing Member

In Saugerties, about 50 miles south of Albany. We boarder Woodstock and Kingston.

16. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's a pretty sweet truck! How do you like it so far? I never used to like Dodge, but I ended up buying one this year, and so far it has been great. I'm slowly becoming a Dodge Ram guy! lol
  17. 04ram2500hd

04ram2500hd Junior Member
    from ny

nice truck where did u buy it was it from sawyers if so my brother inlaw uncle owns that dealer ship
  18. D&R Plowing

D&R Plowing Member

I think it's great. The new trucks come with a lifetime warranty on the drive train, so it was a no-brainer in the end. I also upgraded the tires to Goodyear Wrangler A'T Silent Armour and so far so good. It handled very well the other night and had no problem plowing.
  19. D&R Plowing

D&R Plowing Member

Yep, I got it from Sawyer Motors. I have known them for many years. A friend of mine works for Bob and it is the second truck I've bought from them.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  20. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures. Its a great feeling finally being able to go to work!!!