1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First push of the season on Long Island, 1/21/12

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by alldayrj, Jan 22, 2012.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

good morning beautiful
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    my uncles truck I drive
    [​IMG]
    get loaded
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  2. alldayrj

random plowing shots, didnt have time to get the go pro set up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BEWARE man hole alley
    [​IMG]

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks like a nice little push. What is the deal with Manhole Alley? I have ripped off a few on lots and almost backed into one on occasion.

4. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

I know finally....

Here is my ram and my buddies cheby...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First storm and already had problems... After 3 hours of plowing brake pedal went to the floor... Either brake line or brake cylinder... I was really mad. Just when I was getting into the groove. Oh well... Its at the shop... Noone ever said it was easy...

5. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

Looking good guys. Its about time we got some snow. When is the next storm. LOL

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you need a red light on the top of your light bar so aircraft don't hit it? That thing is way up there.

7. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

that manhole alley must be fun with a straight blade.

8. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

9. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Wow, it is a small world after all! I did some work for a clown that rented yard space from your Uncle. That guy beat me out of some money, so Pete and I got to talking, he gave me his # and told me to call him as he might be looking for a foreman come spring. Gonna give him a shout soon. Thanks for reminding me! lol

10. alldayrj

manhole alley, literally 30 manholes spaced in such a perfect way that you cannot avoid them, and they will ALL trip your blade. It sucks because you know they are there, but what can you do but check your mirrors and hope you didn't rip them all out. You remember after the first hit, bit I had forgot since last season lol.

my uncle's cousin blew a brake line too. luckily the 550 and my truck worked fine (besides my plow lights not fixing themselves til after the storm.)

yea my uncle pete is a good guy, I usually just work with him in the snow.