1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

first project on my plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by firedawg, Nov 4, 2010.

1. firedawg

firedawg Member
    from S.E. CT

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

What did you do? You need to put some fluid film on that.

3. firedawg

firedawg Member
    from S.E. CT

put a snow foil on it, and i just found out about fluid flim a few months ago and ill be headed up to the only store that carries it around me to get .

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I need to get around to putting a rubber deflector on my plow. I just need to get a peice of convairer belt first. I refuse to pay ove $200 for one that has a Fisher logo on it.

5. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

how did you get along without it? lol.

6. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

Seems that any oe rubber flap is a rip off. I bought one with one of my vees out of convience and the only thing that differed from the $200 boss one to the $30 one i got off ebay was the boss came with bolts, flat iron, and the logo on the side. They should be included with the plow when bought new. JMO

7. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Those Westerns seem to scrape pretty well...saw one in action last season and was impressed. How do you like it?

8. firedawg

firedawg Member
    from S.E. CT

the plow works awesome! my first plow was a 7.5 myers classic and i thought that was the best thing since diamond plate, my old myers had a snow foil on it, and i didnt realize how much the foil worked till this plow. i have an old convayor belt, but after looking at my buddys fleet it wouldnt hold up to driving. the kit i bought is for plows 8 foot to 10 foot and cost 84.00 dollars complete, i didnt like the flat iron that came with it, so i had some stainless made up for it (free stainless)

9. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

$84 bucks is cheap! I put stainless on a couple of mine too, I also used stainless bolts. I HATE rust!

10. firedawg

firedawg Member
    from S.E. CT

[$84 bucks is cheap! I put stainless on a couple of mine too, I also used stainless bolts. I HATE rust! ]

im thinking about the bolts i gotta see if me stainless connection can hook me up before i have to spend any green !

11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Where did you find it for $84? Looks good!

12. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

X2 on where you got it from for $84 bucks

13. firedawg

firedawg Member
    from S.E. CT

i pick it up at Smiths 4x4 Equipment, North Franklin, CT 1-800-843-4236 or Smiths4x4parts@yahoo.com (I've never been to the email address ) they to close to do the email, Chris Jr. is a good guy and his business is open for all snow storms, the major factor why i bought from him. i wasnt partial to any brand when i was looking for my plow, he has all the parts in stock and all the other plow dealers i talked too was a three day turn around for parts! and we all know snow doesnt wait for parts, neither does our customers!

14. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

15. plowguy43

Nice! thanks for the ebay link!

16. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

No problem. You can get SS nuts n bolts @ Ace. The one by me also sells a long 8' strip of SS about 3 inch's wide. Much cheaper then getting from the plow companies.

17. titan_landscape

titan_landscape Junior Member
    from pa

great addition ,will help you alot

18. firedawg

firedawg Member
    from S.E. CT

I cant wait we had a tease of the white stuff on monday morning heavy wet stuff but not enough to push for me! but the bigger lots and companys were digging asphalt! :laughing:

19. 7.3 Plower

7.3 Plower Senior Member

The Fleet Pride here carries it for what it's worth.

20. plowguy43

Perfect! I'll run and pick all of this up this weekend. Nice!