1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Post & Shout-out - New Western MVP+ on 2000 Dodge 2500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jsimanella, Oct 3, 2009.

1. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

Hi.

I just ordered an 8.5' MVP+ from Jim @ Equipment Specialties. Great guy to deal with and I wanted to let you all know it ;)

I'm putting it on my 2000 Dodge 2500HD. It might not be the ideal plow truck, because of its length (quad cab, 8' box), but its mine, paid for, and I'm the original owner. Needs new doors and some body work, but I won't need to shell out $50k for a new truck...

If anyone has done an install on one of these Dodge's, I'd sure like a few pointers. Pictures, if available, would be appreciated!

Thanks!

John

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

It was great doing business with you as well, I can wait for the pics! We will get er packed up and shipped for you on Monday

3. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

Thanks Jim. Just got the email today. Looking forward to it :)

4. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

Got the plow today! One day, to ship from Virginia to Cleveland, OH - Nice :)

The thing looked like a Minute-Man Missile, wrapped up in the back of my pickup bed. Definately a little nerve-wracking....

5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

You got another box coming from UPS too :)

6. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

Sweet! It's like Christmas, over here ;)

Is it something I need to get started on the plow? Planning on doing it today, I hope.

Thanks, again.

John

7. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

A couple qts of oil and some other goodies

8. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

Did somebody tell you that Saturday was my birthday? You are the MAN!!! :)

9. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

follow the instructions in the box. pics are in the manual. mount the solenoid next to the battery on the fenderwell.

the wiring is pretty simple, just read through it. shout if you have problems.

10. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

Plow's on and working! Need to adjust and torque bolts. Controller is mounted.

Western needs to give a little more detail on the HB5>HB1 conversion - a little confusing...

Any tips on mounting your House Brand rubber deflector? I get that I need to cut the rubber (flush with edges???). Also - there are (4) pieces of flat-stock 1/4" steel - do these go on top of the rubber? Do I have to drill my own holes? Kind of a pain in the butt, if so... ;)

I'll post pics soon...

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

When I installed my deflectors the holes in the flat stock lined up and no drilling required. It goes on top of the rubber.

12. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

I'm thinking, since I went with ES's alternate solution, I'm going to be looking at a little bit of work...

My flat stock has no holes. Well, 2 pieces have 1 hole in each of them, but basically, that's nothing. And I'm not too crazy about the bolts included.

Any tips on installing this on an MVP+ 8.5' blade? Do I leave some slack in the middle, when planning to drill the holes? Does the rubber get cut, flush, to the edges?

Thanks!