1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First post as a new member

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Nozzleman, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I have been surfing plowsite for a few months now and I finally joined tonight. This a wonderful and informative site with people who are really well versed in this buisness. This is my second season plowing snow which due to the uncooperative weather patterns means I have plowed about five storms. I currently have a '03 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab short bed with a Cummins diesel and a 8' Fisher Minute Mount. Though I have only had this truck since September it will be replaced when my new truck comes in sometime next month. The new truck is another '03 Ram 2500 however this one will be a regular cab 8' bed with a Cummins high output/48RE and I will put my existing plow on this one also. So with that said, I only hope I can help some of you in the future as you have already helped me a few times.
  2. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

welcome to the site:waving:
  3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

welcome buddy nice to see ya aboard! this is an awesome site , ask lots of questions an have funn!!
  4. nben

nben Senior Member

Welcome Nozzleman, a fellow firefighter I presume?:waving:
  5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite!:drinkup:

Some might call us Nozzle Nuts!
  6. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Yes, I am a career firefighter and I also have a small landscape operation I do part time. Now I have read that this upsets some guys who landscape full time so I will apolagize now to those people. However I like trucks, power equiment, power tools, and most of all the extra beer money I can earn with them. :drinkup:
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2003
  7. nben

nben Senior Member

My father started our company as a sideline back in 1975. He was a career firefighter in a nearby city (retired in 91). If I was not doing what I am now, I too would be a career firefighter. I have thought about doing both, but right now we are just too big and I wouldn't want to have to make a choice between the two. I am, however, very active in our community's call fire dept. I work per-diem shifts here in town in my "free time" that I have. Also work per-diem on the ambulance (rescue?) as EMT. We have career paramedics that work each shift with a per-diem partner. Our engine company is fairly busy for a call company (1000+ runs, busiest in town) and we also have the heavy rescue in our station. I actually find that some of our best employees have been career firefighters. Great schedule, already get benefits, and appreciate hard work in a "teamwork" environment. :D
  8. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite! Sounds like you have some nice trucks to plow with.:drinkup: :drinkup:
  9. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite.:waving:
    If possible try posting some pics of your truck, I'd love to see them.
  10. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Welcome Nozzleman:drinkup:

Well, it looks like John D has a new buddy:D :p

Would love to see some pics.

11. wyldman

wyldman Member

Welcome to plowsite.

I will be very interested in hearing how the new Rams are holding up plowing.I'm looking at maybe updating the Dodge side of the fleet.

What plow are you currently using ?
  12. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite. I too would like to see some pics of your trucks. Happy Plowing!! :drinkup:
  13. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I would love to post pic's for you guys but I don't have a digital camera but I will see if I can borrow one. As far as trucks go I only have one truck not two and I am trading that one in when the new one is delivered. We are going to get snow tomorrow so I am happy about that.:D

Nben, we also call our EMS trucks rescues. We have two Ford E-450/ Road Rescues.

Wyldman, I use a 8' Fisher Minute Mount (MM1).
  14. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Nozzleman,welcome to plowsite! I like your choice in trucks;) . Id be interested to hear how you like the new HO/48RE as compared to the SO/47RE.Nowi f I could just get you to come on over to the dark side(bomb your truck),well get along fine:D .
  15. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

16. myo

myo Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite!
  17. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Welcome to plow site... :cool:
  18. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Are you a member of the TDR.
  19. wyldman

wyldman Member

How could you tell ? ;)

Both John (aka Snow Man) and I (aka Bigramguy) are,and I'm think there may be a few others here as well.
  20. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I am on the TDR under (Rosco). The word Bombing was a dead giveaway.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2003