1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First post and question !

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Madman Mark, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Madman Mark

Madman Mark Junior Member

Hi everyone, I recently bought a tractor to do some light logging with but I also have a couple of driveways to plow with it also.
    I've done plenty of logging with tractors but very little plowing.
    It's a 55 HP 4WD with a FEL (no cab).
    Are there any tips or suggestions you can give me for plowing snow with it ( without suggesting I buy something else to attach to it) ?
    I did a search but didn't find much.

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome Mark. Where you located? Your question is confusing. Do you have something on the tractor now to plow with? Please give more details.

3. Madman Mark

Madman Mark Junior Member

Hey Bolts I'm in the Enfield area.
    It's got a loader on front.
    I figured someone would suggest buying a blower for the back or something.
    Just need some tips on how to plow snow with the loader bucket.

4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Like all of us, just get out there and do it. You will get the hang of it quickly. A loader is not a plow but for a few drives and if you are not in a hurry then the loader will be fine. Drop down sometime and see our Blizzard and SnowMan lines. That is after you get the bug, and you will.

Dave.

5. Big John

Big John Junior Member

When I had my tractor I used a rear 3 pt mounted 7' blade. The combo of it and the FEL were unbeatable. Rear blades are fairly inexpensive.

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

why dont you into daniels snowplow you can go from diffrent sizes 10ft to 14ft out shines the blizzard plows anytime