1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Jamesonplows, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Jamesonplows

Jamesonplows Junior Member

I am looking to buy my 1st plow and would love some advise in Fisher v. Curtis plows.
    I was looking at the SnoPro 3000 7 1/2 foot or a Fisher 7 1/2 foot. If you think Fisher is the way to go would you get the RD or HD. It is going on a 2000 Chevy 1500. I will be doing about 10-12 driveways as it stands.
    Thanks for any advise you can give!
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I'll start by saying that most manufacturers put out good equipment, and all plows will push snow. You'll see a fair number of curtis plows out there, but Fisher is still a bigger household name. Fisher has an exceptional record, as they put out incredibly rugged equipment. Your 1500 would take the HD 7.5 just fine, and you'd be pleased with it. Talk to BDavis here on plowsite, as he has like-new plows without the brand new prices.

Check out Brian's Fisher plows: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=66668
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  3. Jamesonplows

Jamesonplows Junior Member

That's great. Thanks very much!