1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

first plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by GroundAppeal, Jan 29, 2015.

1. GroundAppeal

GroundAppeal Junior Member

hi all:
    about to get my 1st plow. This will be mounted to an '06 F250 5.4. I will be doing a mix of commercial and residential. I can buy either a new Fisher 8'HD for $5,495 installed or go with a demo unit 8' Fisher XLS Poly installed for $4400. I''m pretty set on Fisher, just looking for some advice/suggestions from the veterans. Thanks, Jim

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You sure about the poly xls?

3. GroundAppeal

poly x blade. my bad. no im not sure that's why i posted the question.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just clarifying the other plow that's all.

So it's a 8'6 Xbox blade then?
    If that's the case then go with that one. You'll love it and you'll almost never wanna upgrade after using it

5. GroundAppeal

it wasn't an xbox, just straight. Today I spent time looking at Western with an awesome dealer. Being a greenhorn, he spent a lot of time explaining and showing me his inventory, not pushy at all. I told him the types of jobs I would be doing and he recommended going with an 8.5 MVP 3 as opposed to an 8.5 pro so that I can save time, more versatility and grow into the plow. He said he would sell me either just a recommendation which I appreciated. The cost for the straight is $5088 installed vs $6300 installed for the V. He's local, available 24hrs a day for parts, etc. Then i start reading about Boss plows and this sh** gets overwhelming...

6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

If you think plow shopping is overwhelming you may want to re-think getting into the bizz.....

7. jerpa

jerpa Member

Unless you can say the same about your local Boss dealer, or fix your own plow, this should guide your decision. I do love my DXT though.

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

XLS or wideout would be much better for what you want to do. Since huge snow drifts are not a common thing in Philly, so the a v plow would be no benefit over either of fore mentioned plows.

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Also I don't believe Fisher makes any poly blades.

10. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

They did, I had one, better the steel. there's not many out there.

11. tomcat01

tomcat01 Junior Member

which dealer were you at? i used perkiomen performance the guys up there are great had the best price i could find