1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Plow!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kolwnmstr, Sep 21, 2014.

1. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Had to create a new account but hopefully most of you who knew me recognize the truck.

I finally pulled the trigger and bought myself my first plow, and a brand new one at that. Got a pretty good price on it getting it in August.

[​IMG]

_20140815_212549.jpg

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Looks good.

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good Is that a 9.6

4. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

It's the 8.6

I have the 8.1L big block and only a 4670lb front end so I didn't want to put too much weight on the front even with Timbrens.

5. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice V. Now all you need is snow....eventually. :)

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Now you need the wing kit

I bought new 9.6 with the wing kit Still sitting on the pallet Soon I'll get it mounted

What is the 8.1L that still the 454

7. VLbuildsIN

VLbuildsIN Junior Member

its a 496 cubic inch. i have the same truck in black. mine has a wideout on it, handles the weight ok

8. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Almost forgot to mention, I was able to get the snow deflector for free.

How? Well my boss picked the truck up from the dealer and when he got in he noticed they installed the joystick instead of the handheld (which i specified upon drop-off). So he told them off and said "make this right" (since now I would have 3 holes in my dash). So they made the swap and gave us the deflector.