1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Plow Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by QMVA, Feb 10, 2004.

1. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

We finaly got a truck to plow the lot with and yes that is a real hiniker. As you can see its been used. I've driven it for about 1 1/2 hours and my dad drives it when he gets board in the office and wants to push piles back farther. The hiniker workes great even though I have heard some bad things about it but this one workes great. Next season I'm going to use it to do some residents so I need all the practice I can get. The truck is a F-250 XL with plowprep and V10 man does it have power:yow!: how much balest should we put in the back for plowing the hiniker weighs about 780 pounds.

The front

truck front.jpg

2. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Left side of plow tuck

truck left.jpg

3. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Right side of plow truck

truck right.jpg

4. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

The power behind the plow

truck v 10.jpg

5. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Looks like a real good truck to start with...

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Alright, :D Nice truck !!

7. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

First off, NICE Ford Truck & Plow. I would put 750 - 1,000 lbs of balast in it.:waving:

8. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

Nice truck, I really like the new Fords. I got one question though what are you going to use for lights strobes or a rotating light?

9. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

That Plow wont Last Should of got a Fisher!

10. snowbiter

snowbiter Member

Thats a nice truck--the Hiniker looks good on it :nod:

11. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I dont know if im going to get a becon or rotator right now. Didnt have time for the first storm and havent had a reason to sence do to the lack of snow. As for the hiniker its a great plow. True I dont have anywere near the expiriance as some of you guys when it comes to plow but some people who bash Hiniker really have never used one or know of someone who owned one but that was a while ago. I admit its not the best plow out there but its just as good as most. As for buying a fisher noway. 1) wouldnt have gotten the 1,500 dollar deal from Ford for buying the plow through them and 2) if i was too get a different plow it would have been BOSS or Western.

12. Greensway

Greensway Member

Can't go wrong with a Ford.... good choice!:D

13. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

explain yourself before criticizing what the guy got,what makes fisher better then hiniker?