1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First plow truck , First post

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by RCSIndiana, Aug 21, 2010.

1. RCSIndiana

RCSIndiana Junior Member

Hello all. I just bought a plow truck. Its a 94 ford f250 with a western plow. My problem is the plow will not lift. It will push the cylinder out of the pump just enough to take the weight off the frontend but no higher. With a helping hand lifting it will then lift the plow. Left and right work fine. Once up it will also hold plow weight up. Fluid is full. Any ideas before I take it to the shop. Thanks in advance

2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Is the plow cable control....?

3. RCSIndiana

RCSIndiana Junior Member

Excuse my ignorance. The joystick is through wiring. Main wires from battery to solenoid to pump. Chain lift from pump to plow.

4. Hitman1

Hitman1 Junior Member

Assuming you have good power going to your plow motor (it sounds strong and not slow), I would say your filter is probably clogged up. Do a search on how to clean or replace it- it's pretty simple and pretty common on the unimounts.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

while your in the pump now would be a good time to fluch and re-fill with new fluid

6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sound like your pump is weak or the pressure is low. the pump can be adjusted for pressure. i would flush and fill it with new oil and try it again. uni or ultramount?