1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First plow on new accounts

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Blackwin, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Blackwin

Blackwin Member

Afew shots on a new account,
    Trying out wings for first time. And first use on new V blade.

Plowing 003-2.jpg

Plowing 010-2.jpg

Plowing 006-2.jpg

Plowing 030-2.jpg

Plowing 024-2.jpg
  2. Blackwin

Blackwin Member

1 more

1 more photo

Plowing 026-2.jpg
  3. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

Those are some nice trucks.How does that xtreme v do.I am gonna get one next year. Also what part of maine do you guys live.I am down in Portland

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice trucks and great pictures!!
  5. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Really nice trucks you got there! You should get some fisher wings for that X-V also, i bet it would make things go even faster.
  6. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

awesome action pics !!!!!! :nod:
  7. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice pics and nice trucks. I wish I had snow down here like that.
  8. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

What do you think of the 08 ford? Hows the power in the diesel?
  9. MnM

MnM Senior Member

how do you like your electric spreader? Thinking of getting one as a back-up to my gas-box. Pros and Cons please
  10. Blackwin

Blackwin Member

So far so good on the spreaders. Had to adjust the belt on the Ford's spreader but was a quick fix.
    Nice being able to put the spreader in without using a chainfall. Now just getting used to getting them dialed in to put the right amount of product down.

Electric makes life simpler, no gas motor to worry about. Just push a button and adjust speed from cab.

We are in the Portland area, I'm in Scarborough, Brother is in Biddeford.
  11. Ruanolik

Ruanolik Member
    from Maine

Ok, to answer a few questions,
    MnM, The spreaders worked out great, the pros are protective doors to cover the salt, and when open they protect the sides of the truck when loading. They were easy to clean up after the storm, and spread everything fairly evenly. Cons.. the only one was the drive belt didnt turn the first time I fired it up, but about 10 mins with a wrench I adjusted the belt tension and had no problems since.

jt13speed, Looked at the wings for it, but just barely fit thru the drive thrus we do in the vee position, and too lasy to go out and put the wings on and off :)

chs1993, Love the 08, but she is a v-10... plent of power there, and average 11mpg. Droped to 9.5 doing the plow route though.

Taz, we both live in the portland area.

Forcast says maybe more snow sunday night.. hope for the best.
  12. Blackwin

Blackwin Member

After the first run with the wings I am leaning toward trading in the straight blade with wings for a V-blade.
    It works great on the big lots but a few of our accounts have some tight spots. I either take the wings off or let the ford get em. Not hard to do but I feel a wing would make life even easier.

Unfortunately no one around here has any V's in stock.:realmad:

Been looking out of state, will see how that goes.
  13. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

Blackwin what about puttina a Boss Poly V blade on the truck seeing that you have the mounts for it.I have been looking for a used ez V plow for my truck but my choices are either a Boss V or Fisher Extreme V.And how do you like that polycaster.Also didnt i see one of the trucks upto the bramhall fire station a couple weeks ago.

14. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looking good, sweet trucks and plows!
  15. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

Blackwin...my buddy is up in that neck of the woods living in Saco and just got hired in Scarborough, going to school in S. Portland...

Good looking trucks too, hows that new Ford working? Good luck, wish we saw some snow...
  16. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice trucks. and Vee. It looks like you guys had fun.
  17. Blackwin

Blackwin Member

Been looking at getting a Boss V.
    Everyone seems to be out of em. :)

Going to make some more calls on Monday.
  18. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice rigs the ford looks great with the v.
  19. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

That red GMC would have to be my favorite truck on plowsite everything on it seems to go together...Beautiful trucks!
  20. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Looking GREAT Man! Gotta LOVE the GMC! My truck is exactly like yours, except it's the reg cab long bed!:waving: