1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First plow of the year

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by rivernet, Nov 5, 2004.

1. rivernet

rivernet Junior Member

Actually first plow of my life. Bought a 92 Wrangler with a 6'8" snoway in September. We had 3 or so inches here today in the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks. It was a good first experience. I am looking forward to a real snowfall. Winter is here.
  2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to Plowsite!!!
    Glad to hear you are getting snow, yes winter is hear. Sounds like a nice set up you have on your hands. Is the snow going to sick around for you or is it alredy melting?
  3. rivernet

rivernet Junior Member

Thanks for the welcome. Looks like the snow will stay till Sunday. The mountain tops will be covered for the year.
  4. Guy

Guy Member
    from Alaska

i'm a 1st time plower too, rivernet. I hope you find the info and friends I have.
  5. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

Welcome Rivernet. I'm also a Jeep guy (see my signature) and I grew up in the Adirondacks... Inlet, NY to be precise. I spent one winter in Lake Placid working for the US Bobsled Federation. I loved it there. I have fond memories of hanging out in the bar of The Lake Placid Inn (I think that was the name). The big place right on the main street. The bar was called "The Loon (something or other)". Ahh, good times.

Jeff Pierce
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  6. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Welcome to the site Rivernet sounds like a nice setup you have.

Guy, Looks like you have a setup like mine :drinkup: .
  7. rivernet

rivernet Junior Member

Guy, Crumm and tvpierce thanks. Tvpierce I think you are talking about the Laughing Loon Cafe at the former Hotel Marcy it is now called the Northwoods Inn. US Bobsled Federation is still here.
  8. how do you like the sno-way? It sounds like I have the same one you have.