1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First plow day with real truck...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mr hydroseed, Dec 10, 2005.

1. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

I've plowed for several years with a Toyota 4rnr and a dinky 6.5' Fisher plow, I was very excited about this past storm!!! 96' Dodge Ram Diesel, Brand new 285-70-16 Bridgestone desert dueller revo tires and a 9ft Curtis plow. I was afraid of this but i was kinda disappointed with the back dragging abilities of full size plows. I figured with all the weight it would work and not to mention listening to people always saying "just pull up and back drag it" Yeah right, i'm driving around looking at all the crappy driveways that have been back dragged. unacceptable! I was embarrassed when i did it for residential customers! I had to get out and shovel it anyways. I guess i'll just have to make my own back drag blade by the next storm.
    Another concern of mine was, the plow did perform very well but seemed to float up a little more than i would have wished especially when pushing a lot of snow or when pushing a snowbank. Is my attack angle wrong or is this just how the plow is designed to work? Maybe i'm just getting to much weight on the upper half of the plow. Yeah, i love answering my own questions. I should just send these posts to my own email address and answer them myself next time.:)
  2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Backdrag, push forward again for a cleaner scrape, lift over and backdrag again. Works for me on residentials.