1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Plaza, Pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by DSLC, Oct 3, 2008.

1. DSLC

DSLC Junior Member
    from toronto

I have experience with skid steer and pusher plowing commercial lots (Home Depot Size) but after aquiring a 2001 2500hd this summer I am attempting to take on a small plaza and apartment building.

My friend owns half of the plaza (in yellow) and he has given me the contract based on the fact I will match his existing $560 per month for just the lot. The walkways are maintained by him i just have to provide one pail of salt. The salting of the parking lot will be treated as per his phone call for the application, not everytime i plow and that is an additional charge.

The other half is a conveinence store and restaurant (in red). In order to make money should I per pricing per hour/inch or lump sum like the adjacent buildings?
    if so how does the per hr/inch work? ie 90per hour 1-3in. and so on?

In total the area should take max 2.5-3hrs in a heavy snow fall.

The apartment building is a 50x50 rectangle only open in the midde, max time 45-1hr.

Effectively pricing these jobs will be huge for my business because we are just starting out.

Any advice? Is this worth my time? Is it better to be pricing in increments of snowfall or lump sums?

The cost of this to my business is the truck payments, new plow, new spreader...about $14,000-15,000. Im not expecting to pay this off this season, but paying off a portion and being able to eat steak this winter would be nice!

Thank you for taking the time!

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

is it always going to have to be open....ie no accul snow ? if so you will have to visit the site way more than once for any given storm
  3. DSLC

DSLC Junior Member
    from toronto

The uses for the building in red is a bar and restaruant, the yellow is a store and restaurant. The store is 24 hrs but minimal traffic....The contractor before would do a quick push if it snowed during the day so people could circulate and then came back after 2:30am to push the whole lot. What do you think about the $560 for the yellow lot?