1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

first or second gen polycaster?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Jguck25, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

i am currently looking for a polycaster sander to put into my new truck and i would preferably like to find a used unit which is proving harder than i thought. i did find one that is a 2009 and after a lot of searching i think it might be a first generation. is that something that i should avoid? i wanted a second gen one that is only a couple years old but the ones i have found are only a little cheaper than a new unit with waranty and everything. the 2009 im looking at is only 2k.

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Don't get one that has a belt. Get one that uses the chain just like the pro casters do.

3. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

ive never used either but i figured the rubber belt would work out nice and not stretch/seize up like the metal ones do.. or are there other downfalls to them?

4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I know someone with a second gen polycaster looking to sell it