1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First one of the year

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Mike W, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Mike W

Mike W Junior Member

Well, we got the first snow that stuck last night. Only about 1.5", but still enough to play in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Had to move the trailer to put the plow on
    [​IMG]

And of course, the first time out for the season, I took out the stop sign in our drive way with the guy that plows the store next door watching.:realmad:

2. Mike W

Mike W Junior Member

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Great pics, congrats on the first time out! Def bank on plowing when your not ready!:waving:

4. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

Sweet. Man i love white gold. Got out snow hear on sat. But gone by sun.

5. Mike W

Mike W Junior Member

I hear ya there. Ours is still here surprisingly, and it's snowing again!!

6. TEX

TEX Senior Member

thanks and pics of the fresh stuff are always welcome

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

"only 1.5" lol ill take it :D

8. RedneckPlowGuy

RedneckPlowGuy Senior Member

I want snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Where are you located? We had 3 inches this morning. Finally got to test out my new truck!! Yeah!! It is a beast.payup

10. Mike W

Mike W Junior Member

I have one lot in Madison, and one just north of town.

11. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

We got 4 inches this morn
    got to play with the new truck

12. Brant'sLawnCare

Oh, that's cool. How did everything go?

13. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

truck plowed great so I keept my other guy in my one ton dump

14. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

yeah i got clipped with that same storm.i would guess your are somewhere near the border? we got about 4-5 inches in portage :)

15. Mike W

Mike W Junior Member

Other than the stupid stop sign, every thing went OK. Couldn't push snow where I am supposed to because I still had stuff in my way, but it all worked out in the end... How'd it go for you?

16. Brant'sLawnCare

I didn't even read that part about you hitting the stop sign! That does suck. Last year I backed into a ladies mailbox. She wasn't mad or anything. One of my workers who is a carpenter during the summer fixed it for her in the spring. Oh and it actually worked out good, because she hired me to do her plowing! lol

But everything went good on Monday, although the storm hit at a bad time. Some of my residentials had shoveled their own by the time I got there. And neither of my workers were available. Luckily (not really) my dad was laid off this past week, so he was able to help me out. But oh well. Now both of my workers are back in town and available to work. I'm all ready for Sunday. They are calling for 1-3" here. Are they calling for anything down by you?

17. stillen

stillen Senior Member

1.5?? I'd break out the backpack blower for that......

I'm just jealous ..... I won't see any snow arond here until maybe mid-December..

18. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

1.5 is still nice, hopefully we get some snow these next weeks into december or i will be pissed

19. Mike W

Mike W Junior Member

1-3" during the day and 1-2 at night. Guess I'm not going out saturday night!

20. Brant'sLawnCare

Oh, so your going to be getting more snow than us! That's alright, I like the 2" storms the best. Watch out for those stop signs this time!! lol jk Good luck