1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Noreaster?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnDLawn, Oct 27, 2008.

1. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

The local weather is calling for 3-6 tomorrow. I haven't even finished all the leaf clean-ups. :dizzy:

FISHERBOY Senior Member

The leaves aren't all down in ne-pa bring on the snow
  3. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

Channel 16's still saying 2'' in higher elevations and 1'' in the valleys on their web-site.

Although my cousin did hear on the scanner 3 to 6" tomorrow.......
  4. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Calling for 10+ in Northern NY...only 1-2" where i am.............ussmileyflag
  5. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Doesn't this feel a bit early?
  6. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Yes very early. 1-3 possible in north western New Jersey. I dont have my truck still at shop, have to do more stuff to truck, just plain not ready for it. I thought I would have another week or two at the most.
  7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

you guys can have this one. but in 3 weeks ill take all mother nature can dump on us
  8. gkm

gkm Senior Member

getting wet snow/rain today .......nothing to plow yet
  9. wheelmanm80

wheelmanm80 Member

we are suppose to be getting 1-3 in the ohio snowbelt area. bring on the lake effect!!!
  10. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Hey MnD, never saw your logo on here before. But i've seen your trucks around here. I'm the senior crew leader for Kal's Insulation in greentown.
    Where exactly in nepa is everyone from? I live in Honesdale, PA. But grew up in Newfoundland.
    As for snow, we got 3" here in h-dale. And i see on ch 16 there's a viewer that called in with 9" in Greentown.
  11. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

well ive only heard that we will have snow showers but not sure on accumulation in central NJ area. We stil have most of our contracts waiting to be returned, most have confirmed they are using us this year but not all is finished with documentation.. I cannot remember ever salting in october lol.

Hopefully the couple larger accounts we will be out tomorrow, have to go and get the spreaders put on at least.
  12. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

So far just lots of rain here, Utica, central New York. Had some sleet early this morning but that's it. They say we will get 1-3" tonight, -still don't believe we will...
  13. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Geez, what a day this turned to. Boss tried coming to the office this am. Main rd was closed. Took a backroad and ended up in a 1.5 ft deep ditch with his whole right side of the 04 F250 crew cab diesel. I live 1/2 hr from the shop. So the salesman who was there took our plow truck in my sig. And ended up not wanting to get out going up 2 miles of snow covered side roads to get the fallen trees etc to get the boss out. So he plowed them out and needless to say a mile before the boss. He had a 3" tree branch jam through the sidewall of the left front, with the plow on of course. By this time i was getting to the office. Took me two hours to go 5 miles to them with a reg cab f250. Got him towed out. Then back to the shop. But then i had a pipe to repair at grampa's house. So the boss was gonna take the salesmen to get the tire off. Get it replaced downtown. Put it back on. Then come back to the office. And needless to say. There's 9" of snow and ice and rain mixed with it on our lots. That won't get touched till tommorrow. Well i know what i'll be doing in the morning. Hope temps don't go down too much tonight otherwise it'll make thick ice.
  14. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

Not as far north as some of you guys (Hazleton area), but got around 7" of heavy wet snow.

Nothing where I live, but driving to my accounts it was like someone flipped the snow switch on. I regularly have to count on friends or relatives to call me or I call them, just to check the weather 5-10 miles away......

It was kinda nice to come home and not have to plow my own property though......
  15. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

16. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

I hear ya...here in New Haven and we got nothing! :realmad:
  17. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I ended up getting 4'' here in Sparta, NJ. What a mess trees and power lines down everywhere and roads being closed. Didnt get to plow until that evening. Plow was not ready and truck was at shop. Very unprepared with just about everyone else:dizzy:
  18. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

I hear ya, Just picked up the truck from the dealer for some repairs like 5 days ago. $3000 in odds and ends, like 2 tires, new front suspension, and some motor and exhaust repais.