1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First night out in Rochester, NY

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Handyman, Dec 8, 2005.

?

When did you start?

Poll closed Dec 10, 2005.
  1. 12am-2am

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. 2am-4am

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. 4am-till

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Handyman

Handyman Junior Member

Is everyone ready? Might be a long night. My prediction - we will start at 3:00 or 4:00am.

2. mole

mole Senior Member

it's going to be real light stuff your muffler will pobably blow it off the driveways

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Why are you plowing tonight, the heavy snow isn't supposed to fall near us until 10am or so tomorrow?

4. BayviewLawn

BayviewLawn Member

Accuweather is calling for 2-3 inches but its not supposed to start snowing till 2 am and snow at at a rate of 1/2 an hour..Im guessing we wont plow if at all till 7-8am

5. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

First night out??? What have you been doing for the last 5 weeks. We have been out every night since a week before Thanksgiving.

Just getting back from a route check.

Started snowing in Ellicottville around 8:30pm.
    Olean 9:00pm
    Wellsville 9:30pm
    Swain 10:00pm
    Canaseraga 10:05pm
    Wayland 10:15pm
    Springwater 10:15pm

About an inch of new snow at my house already. Looks like they may have underestimated this storm by alittle bit. I'm guessing we will be pushing well over 4-6" by morning if it keeps snowing like this.

Have trucks plowing already in Ellicottville and Wellsville (1-2" on the ground already).

Rochester crews are here right now scraping off windshields and getting the trucks warmed up. We are out of here at 12:30am.

Happy plowing boys!:salute:

6. JTW

JTW Senior Member

We aint getting nuthin... Weather man lies! :angry:

7. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

It's coming...

If its not there yet, soon..

We're outta here. See ya on the road guyspayup payup

8. BayviewLawn

BayviewLawn Member

3 am .....ithink it missed us

9. JTW

JTW Senior Member

always does :angry:

10. BayviewLawn

BayviewLawn Member

8am 2 inches on the ground....more coming shortly though...maybe...
    JTW you didnt go out yet did ya?

11. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Just up the road in Hannibal (10 miles west of Oswego off rt. 104)
    8 sweet inches to play with this am...................................payup

12. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Not enough

Went out at 4:30am did my commercial, but residentials will have to wait till this evening, that is if we get the extra 1 1/2" since at Kodak Park we only had 2".

Love these BIG ONES:realmad:

13. Kosty

Kosty Member

i went out at 3am did my whole route i got to find a better way of doing it bc it takes to long. I dont have enough in one area and it sucks. oh well hope we get more snow so i can get some more contracts

14. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

We've got 7"+ here in Northern, NJ and it's still snowing a lot! I made my first round already, and I'll do my second round after it stops snowing here (around noon). Good luck, make some seriouspayup!

15. Fastech

Fastech Junior Member

At 3:00am Greece had about 2" and I don't plan on plowing until later this afternoon or this evening. I work at Kodak Park and the lots were salted only, not enough snow to plow.

16. csonallandscape

csonallandscape Junior Member

rochester

went out at 3am and there was ony like 1 1/2 to 2 inches so all my contracts are 3 inches so i helped ,y budy do his 2 inch contarts it was fun. i am out of rochester ny gates and rochester people out there

17. JTW

JTW Senior Member

was pointless to go out.. city didn't even call us.

18. BayviewLawn

BayviewLawn Member

It never fails.Iv got 65 or so driveways this eason and obviously with only 2 inches last night i didnt plow.

Dont i just get a cal at 2:30 this afternoon wanting to know whn im comimg to plow?She assures me her driveway has more then 3 inches and its not drifts..solid 3-4 inches of snow.I tell her thats incredible,that somehow in the entire rochester area her driveway alone got 4 inches and evryone else got 2 or less.
    She then tells me well a guy plowed her niehgbor so i should plow her.

do old people just sit around and think up ways of bothering people?

19. BDEMOTT

BDEMOTT Senior Member

Went out this morning at about 3:30am did all my lots and driveways. There was about 3" in north greece and Spencerport. I also had alot of drifting into about 6" on the open drives.

20. Handyman

Handyman Junior Member

I went out from 11am to 2:30pm clean up drifts and played with my new truck. Ironed out the kinks. Local weatherman sucks :realmad: