1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

first municipal bid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ddb maine, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

Hi, haven't posted in this section before. A few familiar names I'm seeing though.

So I'm planning on putting a bid together for a municipal project, It includes some roads and cleaning out fire hydrants. I haven't bid anything like this before.
    I'm wondering if there's a few of you who would be interested in discussing this through PM and assisting me on getting fair numbers together as I would like to get a reasonably competitive bid.
    I understand that theres throat cutters out there. I wont bid something to loose money.

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Talk to Will... His uncle holds the contract for Belgrade.... Im sure its far enough away from you that he wont consider you competition..... HIH

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

From my experience most municipal work goes low bid, no matter what. It is also public record what they are paying (current contract). I have at times called & found out what it is currently valued at (current contract), to see whether it is worth bothering with, only downside is often the municipality will drag their feet getting the numbers out to you.

4. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I agree with this! Most municipal work goes very low. And yes look what they are paying now and you might be surprised.

5. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

Well I did my numbers to be aggressive and I came out less than the current bids. Theres a big conflict of interest with who holds the current contract and as the chairman of the trustees told me everyone wants it resolved...

It's a 2 year contract which will be nice.
    I appreciate the input guys. You all may have helped me seal my first of many muni's.