1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First moldboard replacemnt of 2012

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by A.M.Canfora, Jan 25, 2012.

1. A.M.Canfora

A.M.Canfora Member

had my first plow repair of the year last week. customer wanted me to replace the moldboard which had major holes in it. plow is a Western Midweight. Since the midweight has no real frame that holds it together I had to make one.

2. A.M.Canfora

A.M.Canfora Member

brake bent my 12 gauge pieces

All fit up

All welded and the holes for the blade drilled
  3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Awesome can't wait to see it finished
  4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice job did u bend the mold board in a break?
  5. A.M.Canfora

A.M.Canfora Member

thanks guys

cub, your looking at the finished product, the customer said he will paint it and mount the new blade himself so it keeps the cost down. I just shot it real quick with a rattle can of primer so the new metal does not rust.

Morrissy you got it I used my power brake to bend the radius for the plow, I have a roller but it can't handle 12 gauge.
  6. stenny

stenny Senior Member

could you make me a mold board of stainless for a 7 1/2 foot fisher? i just need metal bent i can weld it and install it etc