1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Major storm across the middle of the country

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by JDsnowremoval, Nov 30, 2006.

1. JDsnowremoval

JDsnowremoval Member
    from CT

Hey guys, the first major storm of the season, sounds like a blast through the middle of the US, still no snow here in the east:realmad: but its still early in the season...

Post some pics of the storm as you get them and how your first major storm of the season went hopefully no trouble. payup payup payup Best of luck and stay safe!!
  2. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

I hear chicago is getitng a blizard tomm.. good luck everyone!!!
  3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Wow, God bless those in Chi-town. I hope you get yours, guys. I want some snow here in NE, too, though.
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

It was warm today up to 75 degrees. Its gonna start getting cold this weekend.
  5. Antnee77

from RI

Same here today. It sure as hell did not feel like winter. 75 is nice, but it's 50 degrees too warm for my purposes. payup
  6. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

Post those pics boys!!! Let us New Englanders get a quick taste
  7. VAhighwayman

VAhighwayman Senior Member

I'm sure you guys to the east and southern tier will get a taste this weekend..i'm in for it tonight...it's been around 35 degress all day while you were in the 60's...and i'm just 30 miles southeast of Watertown NY..
  8. Jim Prill

Jim Prill Member
    from Zion Il

I finished plowing my account in Libertyville IL around 2Pm. On the way home WGN news reported 15.2 in. Glad too make the money but also glad too see my bed!!:sleeping:
  9. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

I just got home from a 24 hour shift and I'm not really tired????

This snow was the worst. 1" layer of ice with 4" of heavy white stuff. It was really hard to plow.
  10. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Yuck I hate those ones.Had one of those storms here in Indianapolis back in 2001 it was horrible.

11. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

12. Antnee77

from RI

That's what I got, a lot of rain and some heavy winds.
  13. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

Coming off an 18 hours straight with only about 4 hours sleep, We started with an inch of ice and six inches of the wet heavy stuff but then it froze throughout the day and coverd in ligher blowing stuff. But I picked up two more commericial lots, and three residentials today to buff my two commerial lots and 54 residentials! :dizzy: :sleeping: :salute:
  14. bbrsq

bbrsq Member

Hey guys we got about 13-14" of snow. Started Friday about 3:30 am. Not even a dusting by 4:30. By 5am it was coming down so hard you couldnt see and couldnt keep anything clear. We got 1-2" per hour. It finally stopped about 1pm. City and county pulled plows about 9:30am.
    We are going on three days here. Yesterday afternoon and today were final clean up, digging out areas, and moving snow. Tomorrow is more digging out and moving as well as doing my few residential lake homes.
    We got so much snow I have no where else to stack on some of the lots. Haven't seen piles this big on some of these lots in many years.