1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First large church/school account

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by CAMP Lawncare, Nov 30, 2006.

1. CAMP Lawncare

CAMP Lawncare Member

This is my first year with a large account my question is with snow coming tomorrow morning if it accumulates after school starts and the parking lot is full of vehicles should i wait until after school is out and the vehicles are gone or do i do what i can and come back its a seasonal account

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

If it was me I would plow the drive's and isle ways. Then I would come back after school and clear the lot.

Regards Mike

3. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Im a little surprised youd even ask the question no offense...really.

Even if its your first year or first big account.

What The Fly said is how it gets done.

Imagine getting that contract for a factory with three shifts...or a 7-11. Treat it the same as you would one of those.The fact that it will mostly empty out in the evenings and on weekends is a bonus, and a school is a very high maintenance property. I hope you have a good policy and have the salt contract as well. And pray it only snows on weekends!

Be careful and go getem!

Good for you on getting the account!

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Yes, I hope you have a very good policy as a school is considered a municipal account. Are you and they sure you know what you got into? I'm really agreeing with LLM Ann Arbor and flykelly here. This should have been all spelled out exactly on the contract you signed with them. Make sure you keep the paths that the kids travel open and well salted or sanded. The area between the building and buses should have absolute bare pavement. Likewise with the travel entries and exits. The next priority should be the traveled area from building to faculty parking.

Partial plowing of facilty lot should be done by a set time (mine was 4:00 for the maintenance and cooks). Then, all plowing and sanding should be accomplished some time (usually 1/2 hour) before the first bus is scheduled in the morning. Then in the PM, the same applies in reverse - bus and child routes first, then faculty parking. Usually the PM wasn't a concern since if it was snowing that hard, school would dismiss early.

Walkways are constantly monitored between ??? AM and one hour following school dismissal for slick spots.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Exactly

Just clear what you can a do the rest when it's accessable