1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Install...So Far So Good

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by metallihockey88, Oct 8, 2009.

1. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

well, after putting it off and lookin at the mount and pile of hardware in the corner of my garage for the last month, i finally got the kick in the ass i needed to get goin on this install. this is only my 3rd year plowing and my first boss plow and install. needless to say, took my time, read the instructions as vague (sp?) as they were and managed to knock out the mount install in about 4 hours, finished just in time to catch the puck drop for the hawks game :drinkup: . happy how it turned out and was a lot easier then i thought it would be. now time for the wiring :help: . plow is almost done with the complete rehab so need to get this stuff done. cant wait to post pictures of it when its done, definately gonna be something a lot of people havent seen, stainless boss plow? ;)

install 1.JPG

install 2.JPG

2. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Keep us updated. Stainless Boss plow, what's that about?

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Youre just teasing us now. What you got up your sleeve?

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

You scotchgarded your plow?

5. metallihockey88

all in due time...gettin the kickstand fixed and flushing all fluids and puttin it back together next week im hopin...pics will be up as soon as its done...hopefully be puttin them fishers and snowdoggs to shame :gunsfiring:

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I can't wait to see this.

7. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Should be interesting!

8. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

any updates with this stainless BOSS??

9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Is it just me or does that mount look low?

10. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

looks low to me as well.

truck must have a lift going.

11. plowmaster07

plowmaster07 Senior Member

Let's hope! Or say hello to bottom out! lol.

12. APLC

APLC Senior Member

i love how those boss carriage's mount up looks sweet

13. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I think it's the angle the pic was taken at. Plus the bumper is off to expose more of the mount. But it looks to me like the push bar is mounted as far down as possible like mine and I have a 250 with a 350 leveling kit and 350 rear blocks. So that should be right since mines exactly at 15.5 inches to the center of the hole like boss states

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Believe it's just the angle of the pics. Looks about right when you know how they're supposed to look.

15. metallihockey88

sorry for the delay, workin on gettin the plow put together...my plow guy is welding on a new kickstand sleeve, broke the eyelet when i was unloading the plow of a trailer. the mount does looks low in the pictures but its dead nuts at 15 1/2. its all stop suspension but has 295/70/17 terra grapplers. my 6500lb springs should be goin on anyday now too, hope its not gonna make me have to readjust the mount again. pictures comin as soon as i can get this thing put back together, i wanna get it goin as much as i wanna show it off

16. metallihockey88

sorry for the delay, workin on gettin the plow put together...my plow guy is welding on a new kickstand sleeve, broke the eyelet when i was unloading the plow of a trailer. the mount does looks low in the pictures but its dead nuts at 15 1/2. its all stop suspension but has 295/70/17 terra grapplers. my 6500lb springs should be goin on anyday now too, hope its not gonna make me have to readjust the mount again. pictures comin as soon as i can get this thing put back together, i wanna get it goin as much as i wanna show it off. not gonna try and trick everyone. its not gonna be stainless but youll swear it is, looks just like one. it looks awesome, definately one of a kind

17. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Come on man...we're all waiting

18. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

x2..........

19. metallihockey88

im gettin just as impatient as you guys are...my plow guy is gettin busy and hes still gotta fix somethin on the frame for me. i garuntee pictures by the weekend. as soon as its done im headin over there and puttin it all back together at his shop

20. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

We will be waiting!!! :popcorn: