1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Impressions of 810

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by danmc, Dec 11, 2005.

1. danmc

danmc Member

This year I'm plowing with a 1997 F250 Superduty gasser. It has a BeauRoc dump insert and a Blizzard 810 with polar edges all around. Our first plowable event was 10 inches in the span of five hours :eek:
    Here's what I noticed - the plow is slow as heck, probably as slow as my old meyer E47. The wings took even longer to extend and retract and I could only do one wing at a time because it sapped too much power. That really surprised me because the 760LT we use is lightning quick. Other than that the thing is massive and moves alot of snow, it was actually a lot of fun plowing the 2 parking lots I do. Saved tons of time but then again, before the 810 i was using a 760LT (on a different truck). Also, the plow has shoes on it - mostly because of the polar edges, so the plow scrapes crappy. Is it ok to run polar edges without shoes or do they wear alot faster? Once I get my camera back I'll post some pics....
  2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Get rid of the shoes and it will scrape better. Not sure why your plow is slow mine is as fast as my Fisher I had before the 810.
  3. wls

wls Senior Member

Mines pretty fast also, I did adjust the drop speed on it, to speed it up.
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Mine is also pretty quick, get rid of the shoes. :nod:
  5. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

If your plowing flat areas get rid of your shoes, if your plowing rough areas be real fast with your controls and adjust your shoes down and or put a pipe on the bottom. It grabs everything...lol
  6. schuitb

schuitb Member

I was window shopping the 810 a couple weeks ago and i thought the hydrolics were fast... It was definatly not slow.. same thing with the wings.. just my .02
  7. danmc

danmc Member

I don't know why it's so slow either. At first I thought it was because the dang thing is so heavy but I guess not. I don't think it's the alternator. I started looking at the battery gauge when I moved the plow - it would go all the way down to 8 (regardless if I was angling, lifting, extending or retracting) but as soon as I would stop the needle would bounce right back to where it should be. The plow is 3 or 4 years old.
  8. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

I'd see about adding another battery, letting the voltage drop that much will kill the battery and alt.
  9. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

Mine is slow too, I was told by Blizzard that the is the correct speed when I was there, just have to change the way I plow...of course I am use to the speed of a boss.
  10. prayforsnow

prayforsnow Member

Mine seems slow too,

I'm experiencing the same high current draw on my truck, and I have two yellow top Optima's installed already.Alternator gauge drops big time when operating the plow, along with the lights dimming too.
    Seems to me that running a starter-motor...even under load...shouldn't use all THAT much juice...:confused:

On Blizzard's website they say to turn-up the pressure if the plow's too slow, and there are quick connects on the side of the solenoid block to check pressure...
    Did they bother to check the pressure for you Ice Scream? Or just shine you off with the "that's how it works" excuse?

I'm going to try turning-up the presure on mine a little at a time just to see if it works...and I'll let you all know what happens.:rolleyes:

11. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Ditto... My 810 is about half as fast as the Boss super duty plow I had before. Both plows on the same truck. Also the 810 doesnt lift as high.
    But I really prefer the 810 with those power wings.
  12. Bounty Hunter

Bounty Hunter Junior Member

My new Boss is twice as fast as the 810. I have 2 batterys and 2 alternators also, no electrical problems causing it. Must be in the pump or pressure. Be carefull of the pressure. I heard Blizzard had problems with blown seals and o-rings when the pressure is too hign. I still like the 810 when it works. I will see how the wings extent tonight.