1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

first generation Boss V-plow Conventional

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Fishead, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Fishead

Fishead Junior Member

I am about to buy, after checking how "used" it is, a used 8' 2" first generation Boss V-plow Conventional, with an optional dual receiver mount for $1300.

I need to buy the controller and make a wiring harness.

Anyone have a manual (electronic version) of that plow that would show how the wiring harness should be set up and the installation of the receiver mount for the quick detach?

Thanks,
    Philip

2. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

not too bad of a deal, just check the a-frame mounts, i bought a 8'2'' rapid tach 2 off a guy 2 years ago, all controls included for 1200 but he gave me wrong directions so he took 1000 for inconvienancing me ...woohoo, but needed cutting edges, it plowed too long in the v-position and they diddnt have it adjusted correct, so when i went and put the plow straight, its clean one side and the other side w2ould leeave 1/2" of packed snow...

that and a buncha little cracked welds.....took a few hours and went over some of the cracks witht he stick welder...

all good now sounds like a decent deal, just sucks cause the onlt controller made for that is the big bulky toggle switch box, i tired to convert mine over to the handheld joystick but burned out the little dinky switches....i guess the new ones work off some relay in the wiring harness? dunno, sticking with my big bulky switchbox, dont need to carry a gun in the truck when i got that brick to swing! :gunsfiring:

3. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

oh and in response, i had the same problem the guy totally cut apart the mount so it would come all the way off the truck pump and all using a western unimount rig on the truck, pretty neat but every time i detached i had to rewire the connectors to their respective selonoids, man took me an hour to figure out the first time....3 wires for every selonoid geeze..

i found a cool manual on the boss website that had them all colorcoded for my rapid tach 2, im sure if yuou look you can find it for your plow....good luck and happy plowing, hope you get some good storms for the v

4. dilligafdog

dilligafdog Member

check www.bossplow.com. they have a lot of manuals on line. might save you some head aches.:realmad: