1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Ford

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Snowhopper23, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Snowhopper23

Snowhopper23 Junior Member

So I'm looking to buy my first Ford. It's a 2005 F250 XL with 19,300 miles on it. They were originally asking 18K for it. I got them down to $15,300. They want $1000 for a MM2. Total package for the truck with plow will be $16,300.

Thoughts? Good deal? I'll be doing mainly residential and maybe some small commercial lots.

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Isn't that the bad year?

3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Depends on your engine.

OP, what engine are you talking about?

EDIT: I have also heard of some problems with the coil sprung front suspension, but nothing incurable.

4. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

5. Snowhopper23

Yup, that't the truck!!

It's got the 5.4L Gas. I'm going forward with the deal, signing papers tonight so if anyone thinks that it's just a problem waiting to happen please let me know soon!.

6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAMMERTIME!!!:drinkup::laughing:

7. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

^^^

Okay, that was funny.

OP, you will be fine with that truck. Triton motors are excellent power plants, just don't expect to see that 5.4L move mountains.

8. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

05 was a good year for the gassers, I love mine. It took 95k miles for the "death wobble" to show up on mine, and it was easily cured by new tie rod ends and an alignment. I've also replaced the front coils as they were starting to sag, guess the 1200lb plow caught up with them. I wouldn't hesitate for a second on a low mileage 05+ gasser at a decent price.

9. Snowhopper23

signed papers, but now im waiting on the dealer. I told them I would have the check tonight after work, but the salesman said he wont be there. He said we will go over everything tomorrow. I wasn't in a hurry to get a truck, now I can't wait to get my hands on this beast. I might not be able to take deliver until next week though b/c the rmv is closed tomorrow. Not happy about that.

10. 7.3 Plower

7.3 Plower Senior Member

Not true. 03-04 were the bad years. 05+ is better you're safest with an 06 or 07 6.0L PSD. We have a 2006 and it's been a good truck for us.

11. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

You're right! I confused the 03-04's for the 05-06's. Ehhhh, that's what happens when a gasser starts taking about diesels.

12. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Funny how many FTE'ers are on ere.

13. Snowhopper23

So I gave the dealership a down payment and I got the check from the bank for the rest of the money b/c I got a better deal with the credit union. The dealer asked me to bring them the check and said that once they get the title they will register the truck and give me a call. I told them I wouldn't give them the check until they had the title in hand. Now they are telling me that they have another offer from someone else willing to pay more. They said that our deal isn't finalized yet b/c I haven't given them the rest of the money. The dealership and I already signed the sales and purchase agreement. Can they sell the truck to someone else? Should I just give them the check and wait for the title? I'm in MA. Thanks.

14. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

don'tm know about mass, but in NY you never walk away with the title if the dealer register it for you. if you drive away in the truck and have their signed purchase agreement would not worry about the title...

15. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

So, the dealership doesn't have the title? They can't sell the vehicle without the title. When you buy a vehicle, the dealership keeps the title in order to transfer it into your name, but they can't transfer it without the title; so if they don't have it, something's fishy...

16. clydebusa

clydebusa Member

If it is a big dealership give them the money and get the truck. If it is some small time guy run away!

17. Snowhopper23

It is one of the bigger dealerships in the area. I just want to be able to drive off the lot with the truck when I go there next time. They are legally bound to sell me that truck and according to state law they must produce the title on the day that I pay the truck in full. At this point I'm just PO'd and I want my truck. Not sure if I'm going to head there today and give them the check or if I'm going to wait until the title comes in.

18. Snowhopper23

The salesman called me today to apologize for being a dink. They are going to call me when the title comes in. I told them I wouldn't give them the check until I got the title. Lets see when I get the truck...

19. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I got the same run around when I bought my ram. They kept delaying me picking the truck up because the title wasn't in. Personally I think they were making repairs to the truck and were just feeding me bull because I needed tye truck on a friday due to a family emergency and the title just happened to show up that same day.

They basically replaced the entire front end, rear brakes and dual exhaust so it'd pass inspection.