1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Flyers left at my door.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BMAN1, Sep 11, 2011.

1. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

So the low ballers are out early. The first flyer I got was for 165 unlimited trip. The second was for 149.95!!!! Do these yahoo's know that we plowed most driveways 33 times last year???

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Post it. No phone though.

Was it Extreme snowplowing 2?

3. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

No, it wasnt but it will be next year after they cant keep at that price.

4. smash363636

smash363636 Junior Member

149.95....I can beat that!

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just don't beat it in your own neighborhood!;)

6. Jaysled

Jaysled Member

Crazy....what part of Rochester did you get it in?

7. smash363636

smash363636 Junior Member

I figure if a plowing job takes me an hour...and I charge $20, that's $20 an hour...right? Not too shabby in this economy. LOL

8. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

what a joke......

9. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Greece, Lake Effect, it wasnt you was it? lol

10. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

wow

Hey smash I would say you are selling your self short. Most subs get $40 and up. If it is your own client you should be making $85 and up an hour at least. Yes $20/hr isn't bad in this economy for straight labor but there is a lot more to it then just your time. That is if you are talking about running your own truck. If you are driving somebody's truck then yes you are doing good.

11. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Those prices are generous should be aleast $ 250;), to each their own, been at this a long time.
    Most likely starting res advertising at the end of the week.

12. snowbelt5

snowbelt5 Member

most driveways around here i get 25/plow. We plowed around 15 times last year. So thats 375.00 a season for a 25.00 drive.

If i was going to bid by the season, i would say $400.00 a season to cover myself...

If i spend $6500.00 on a plow and have to wake up at 3am in the morning, put endless amounts of money in maintnance and gas in my plow trucks and still have things break, i sure in the hell want to make sure i am making decent money. Did i mention insurance?

13. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Yeah 20 bucks an hour, roughly 10 bucks an hr for fuel, add in a few bucks for insurance...oh wait add that few bucks back in because not insured correctly. Wow I'm making maybe 10 bucks an hour. Its coming around guys! I've had 3 people call me this year already looking for plow bids (in September is very rare around here) because their "other guy", "did such a bad job", "hardly showed up", and even...."only showed up a few times" but any ways quoted what I wanted....all three signed. It seems like we get in this rut of saying an average driveway is 15,20 or even 25 bucks and yes I know, everywhere is different but around here (plowing lowball USA) they are those prices if not cheaper. I guess long story short, show some pride and respect in your business and stop doing it for the same price as the neighborhood kid!