1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

first fisher

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by snow man 0311, Sep 3, 2011.

1. snow man 0311

snow man 0311 Member

So.I just got a newer plow truck 2003 silverado 2500hd with a 8.5 foot fisher minute mount or mm1 .Dont no much about this plow looks heavy duty , can I still do regular driveway still ? Also needs fluid motor works but plow don't go anywhere .Any help would be great...

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have you checked the fluid?

3. snow man 0311

snow man 0311 Member

Yes , I did it needs fluid it leaked on upon transport. I have to get some any recomadations ?

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Attach hose disconnects, push lift arm all the way down, and fil reservoir with FISHERQD High PerfGrmance "-
    Hydraulic Fluid (recommended for supenor cold-weather performance) or Type "AII automatic transmission fluid.
    Start engine, lift and angle blade several times. .
    Raise front end of vehicle until plow is clear of ground with lift cylinder fully retracted. Check reservoir oil
    level Angle blade (with lift cylinder retracted) to remove air from system. Recheck reservoir oil level.

5. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

What is your opinion on using Western fluid or Transmission fluid?? I'm right outside chicago and it gets a little chilly.....:D

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I plow with a Boss and I use their stuff. 10 bucks a quart!

7. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Alright, sounds good