1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First day plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by atozcorp, Dec 6, 2007.

1. atozcorp

atozcorp Junior Member

payupYesterday was my first day out plowing. Everything went pretty well, didnt hit anything. We only had about 3" but it was enough to get a first run in. expecting more snow tomorrow. Learn a few lessons and a few tricks. I dont think it will stay this easy. :nod:
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Slow and steady wins the race, at least untill you get some experience. Good Luck
  3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i also plowed my first storm last saturday it was a good experience but learning to plow in a dump took a little practice to get the hang of it then when i went to a pickup it was easier than could be.
  4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Cool. I've been out twice this year, and it's my first year plowing. The second time I ally hit a mail box. ooppsssss! We fixed it though. I felt really stupid. Anyway, just look in your mirrors, oh and don't ally fill your truck with E85 ethanol fuel! Boy did I need to go to bed that day! :gunsfiring: :dizzy::sleeping:
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo Senior Member
    from nw ohio

what do you think...

its surprisingly strenuous isnt it, constant and full alert status at all times...
  6. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

it was alot easyer when i was doing it for somebody eles. cause id come in check my truck fill it up and off i went. but when ur on ur own u have to consider where gas stations r dont wanna get caugh in traffic with out gas. plowing with a dump its a bunch harder cause u have to rely on ur mirrors that there is nothing right behind u. plowing is only for some and if u have ADD i would recommend it not be for u. gotta be on ur toes all the time its usally not ur mistake that causes problems its somebody eles. Take ur time take care of ur stuff and it will take care of u.
  7. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I remember my first time plowing way back. My mother owns the lots I still plow today so since it was her property I could plow before I had my license. So there I was in 6th grade. She was sitting in the passenger seat and I was plowing a 20,000 square foot lot. Best night ever hah. Of course there was NO cars in the lots, and if I did hit something, she owned it so it would not have been a problem. But luckily I didn't.

I even remember when I was REALLY little and my mother would be making a pie crust and I would see the flour all over the butcher block, so I would pull out my matchbox plow trucks and plow the flour lol. I might of gotten a little off topic with that one though hah.
  8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Well i am glad it went well, just waiting here in cleveland for some plowable snow. had to salt a few times, but i like to get that first one out of the way and get everything back on track.
  9. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

wow i wish my childhood memory's were as warm and fuzzy as yours. if i wouls have played with food that we were about to eat with my toys i would have smacked on the a$$ and sent to bed lol.:nono:
  10. OldMarine

OldMarine Junior Member

second day first storm.

Second day of plowing. hey just added 3 accounts. this keeps up I'll need another driver soon.
    oops to late.

:bluebounc I like this guy just because he matches my plow.
  11. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

My First time plowing was in an old army 6x6 with a 12' blade. Was at Kwik Trips warehouse. First lot I got to plow was full of cars and it took me forever to get it done. But I never hit anything with it... well except i took out a few of those concrete parking stops... didn't even know i hit them :)