1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Commercial Sidewalk Bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Snowplowkid, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

I was talking to my school principal today and he said I should put in a bid for the sidewalk snow removal. Now I know I dont have much but, if it does finally break down I could use a wide blower couldn't I? Another thing is what to charge. It is quite a bit for what I have but I cant afford much right now. This would really help get my foot in the door for next year when I go and ask the board for $ to do landscaping. Also asked by principal to do. So my question is... turn it down or what? It would be a good opportunity but I'm leaning toward turning it down.

115 JD Lawn Tractor w/ 46" blade.

2. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

Could I lease a compact utility for winter? If so for how much? (I already have 4 jobs from last year.)

3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

How many feet of sidewalk is it? you could plow at least 3" of snow with that setup.

4. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Well snowplowkid I would have to say walk it out like you would be blowing it then multiply by what you want hourly ($50-60perhr). People might think you are crazy and you probably are, but to get a good estimate you have to either have experience or drive. Do what it takes and you could make some money for college so you don't have to do this for the rest of your life.

5. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

IDK. I'll measure it out soon. I've plowed 11" with it before.

This is what I want to do when I get the right equipment.

6. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Id charge .10 cents per linerar foot

7. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

I'm surprised school maintenance dept. would'nt handle...

8. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Better for us!

9. ERICS LAWN CARE

ERICS LAWN CARE Member

i charge by the square footage for sidewalks; some sidewalks are 3 ft wide others 5 ft wide or 6 ft wide. i have a formula that will tell me how long the snow blowing would take and then you times that by what rate you need per minute of work

10. M.McDaniel

M.McDaniel Member

Are you 18? If not don't worry about it, no professional organization on this planet would accept that liability. Talk to your neighbors instead.

11. haejinjoe

haejinjoe Junior Member

Will you divulge the formula you use? I understand if you don't want to. Thanks either way.

AverageJoe