1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Commercial Bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by cmo18, Sep 30, 2008.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Hello, this is my first commercial bid on a parking lot. They want a per push quote, starting at 2". I figure it would take me close to an hour and half to drive to the site and finish. My guess is that its a 100m x 80m...How much should I charge? 100$? Im using a short box dodge ram half ton with a 7.5ft mm2

gti.jpg

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

wont take nearly an hour to plow

3. stillen

stillen Senior Member

I had a similar question recently. So one wekend I went and actually "drove" the lot like I was plowing. I pretended to push/stack/back up. etc..... gives you a real good idea on how long it will take. I highly recommend it

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Was anyone watching you.:drinkup:

5. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

$100 Kidding?

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

lmao... that would be hilarious

7. stillen

stillen Senior Member

yes.. in fact the security guard had my plate queried.... he didnt believe me ..

8. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

I'd be at 225-250 to plow it and another 125 to sand it. Salting would be higher. I'd quote it 350/push sand included.

9. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

about 45 minutes, $100 seems a little low, but you know what your area will tolerate.payuppayup

10. Indy

Indy Senior Member

W/O the plow I hope:dizzy:

11. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

if its zero tolerence site, I would agree with turbo; it should take less than an hour.
    JMO

12. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

You would also need to include a "Just salting" price should you just get an ice storm and it needs to be treated only with no plowing.