1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Commercial Account Need Help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by VisionLandscape, Nov 2, 2011.

1. VisionLandscape

VisionLandscape Junior Member

Ok guys so i got a call earlier this week on a Self Storage unit in my area that is about 1000' x 200'. Thing is as all other storage units there is limited space for snow. i attached a pic showing the lot and designated places to push the snow. If possible please help with some advice on pricing. Property needs to be sanded also. Any advice helps!! Oh yea and they also offered another lot about a third of the size and has snow gates at the end of each aisle.

concord.jpg

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Dimensions would help!

3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

What are u using to do this with plo,or skid plow or box

4. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Sorry...I read your post too quick and did not see the dimensions...My bad. What are you plowing with?

5. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

We can help

Check out www.profitsareus.com.

We have an estimating package that will take the guesswork out of your estimating. If you have any questions, call us at 800-845-0499. It is simple to use!

6. VisionLandscape

I have a 8'2 vplow and my buddy has a 7'6 straight

7. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I plowed a similar self storage place for a few years too, I used a 9'2" Boss v blade on year, and then used a 2 yard Komatsu wheel loader with a 12 protech. The wheel loader was the way to go. I found it difficult to just start at one end and push all the way, with out spilling a lot of snow against the doors. With the wheel loader I would back down between the buildings and take smaller passes, always staying in the middle once the blade was full. That was the best way for to do it. Another friend of mine used a high low bobcat with a blower to do a similar site in a different town. He just blew the snow over the units.

Good luck.

8. VisionLandscape

how much did you charge if you don't mind me asking?

9. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Is that Cranston. RI.

10. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

It was all hourly..... $55.00/hrs for the plow and $100.00/hr for the loader.

11. VisionLandscape

how long did it take?

And I am in Cranston but storage unit is not

12. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

With the truck it took as long as 5 hrs, with the loader I could do it in 2.

There was one alley that was nearly 1,000 feet long and 3 others around 200-350' long. Plus all of the drives that surrounded the buildings. Heavy snow or really deep snow took some more time. But not too much more.

The was also a small parking lot up front plus the drive from the main road, which was about 250'
    The total property was aroun 9 acres, but most of it was outdoor storage for boats and RV's.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  13. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Good to see another guy from RI on here. There are a few of us here. Can't help much on the storage unit as I have never done one. It looks like a real pane though..