1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First breakdown...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Dec 31, 2000.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

After all the time and money I put into my truck getting ready to battle the snow... the inevitable happens. My CD player broke. I just don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe I'll sell the truck and by a shovel...

-Tim

P.S. Just kidding. I just have to wait for all of my accounts to pay up before I can have music again.

2. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

a true profesional doesn't listen to music while plowing. the music comes from the noise of the plow. just having some fun.

3. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

At least you had a CD player...

I did this storm without any music at all, not even an AM radio.

Was redoing the cab of my truck, was gonna paint in intrior and install new carpet, etc...

Never had enough time to put everything back in including the radio!!!

PLOWING SUCKS WITHOUT TUNES!!!

No body to blame but myself

4. SlimJim Z71

My point exactly, YA CAN'T PLOW WITHOUT MUSIC!!! I guess part of the reason I'm so mad about this is because my wife got me a CD-writer for our computer, and now I can't listen to the CD's I made. Sucks to be me...

5. Dusty

Dusty Member

Haven't you ever heard of portables?????? They work great until the batteries give out or you could get an adaptor to work off the cigar lighter.

6. SlimJim Z71

I used to have a portable CD player, but I got rear-ended in the vehicle I had it in, and needless to say it ended up in a few more pieces than it should've been...

-Tim

7. Dusty

Dusty Member

Sure hope that you remembered to list it with the other damage and get reinbursed by the clod that rear ended you.

8. Psyclopse

Psyclopse Member

THANKS ALOT!!!

I was out doing some cleanup work at a trailer park a little bit ago, listening to some tunes, and thinking about this thread, then all of a sudden, the tunes stopped.

I checked the fuse and it was OK. Now the diesel is music-less. I think you jinxed me.

9. Dusty

Dusty Member

Some people say that a Diesel is music to their ears. Happy New Year and I am sure that it is something small that is wrong with the truck

10. SlimJim Z71

Sorry Psyclopse, won't let it happen again...

-Tim

11. bcngtr

bcngtr Junior Member

You thought you had it bad. I lost 4WD, but at least I had my radio. LOL.

12. SlimJim Z71

Ouch... yeah losing 4x4 would definately be worse. Well, maybe. LOL

-Tim

13. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

slim, there are usually two fuses to check one provides constant power for the clock and the other one has power from key on
    constant power orange-also cig lighter circuit usually

acc. power is a yellow wire good luck and get back to me on it

ps check the gound for the radio,some of the gms use the antenna wire as an extra ground.

14. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Since your wife runs the shovel [:)], couldn't you just have her sing real loud :)

Just kidding!!!

15. SlimJim Z71

Rooster, you don't even want to go down that road...

As far as the CD player, it's powering up, but the guides are jammed/broken, which is preventing me from putting a CD in. That's okay though, just gives me an excuse to get a better stereo!

-Tim

16. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

Man I wish that was the worst of our problems!