1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

first big one

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by snowbound, Sep 30, 2005.

1. snowbound

snowbound Junior Member

Iam trying to bid a church parking lot in michigan. It is approximately 500,000
    sq. ft. the contract is for plowing and salt, with about 2000 sq. ft. of steps and sidewalks. I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Subbed work before but this is my first big account to bid. What are the going rates 2-4''
    4-6" and so-on. Got some help from a freiend that plows want to make sure he's right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

What do you have, pickup truck, dump truck, skid loader, wheel loader? How many islands are in the lot, how many light poles, how long do you think its going to take you, do you have any help or just you? How much did your friend say it would be? These are all things we need to know before you can get a good answer.