1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First 4 acre bid, advise please

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by z_scapes, Oct 25, 2010.

1. z_scapes

z_scapes Junior Member

I've been lurking and learning, now I'm building my business. I've landed some really great contracts since last year and I'm wondering how to bid such a big lot. Most of my services are smaller commercial lots, 1/2 to 3/4 of an acre. Now I've commited to bidding a large commercial lot and it has to be in tomorrow.
    I've tried calculating how many sq. ft. I can do in an hour and multiplying but that isn't really accurate because my Sq.Ft per hour has changed drasticly. Last year I plowed with my Bobcat 763 with a 6' bucket, this year I have 4 plows including the one I retro fit to my skid steer. Keep in mind that this is the slowest skid steer on the planet, no 2 speed!
    I think I can do an acre per hour per machine but I'm not sure?

Who's plowing with a 763 and 7.5' blade and how much are you plowing per hour in Sq. Ft?
    Who's doing a 4 acre lot with minimal obstacles and how much are you getting per push?
    Who's providing this service at a seasonal rate and how do you calculate how much snow will fall (i'm in KY)

2. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Alot of it depends on how far you have to push the snow to pile it. I would look hard at a snowpusherfor the skid or a larger snow bucket atleast. Kage Innovations makes a hell of a plow box combo.

3. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

I agree with a 8' pusher box for your skidder.

Time and price depends on how much snow in a push.