1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Firing order on a 350?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bossman 92, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I had some work done on my 97 chevy with the 350 motor and now it runs like a turd. I know the firing order, but all the directions/pics that show which plugs go where are for a round distributor cap, and mine is almost square. On top of the distributor there are small chanels in the plastic (almost like they run to different places on the unit) but a few look like they run to the same place????

Can someone explain this to me? I think they screwed up the wires when they put it all back together, but I can't tell.

Thanks Bossman
  2. bterry

bterry Senior Member

3. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

also on the passengerside of the motot has all the even numbers and the driver side has all the odd numbers. so starting on the 1st plug driver side it will be 1357 and the passenger side will be 2468.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you look closely at the cap you'll see each terminal is numbered for their respective cylinders including one for the coil. And you know the cylinder layout already so it's easy.
  5. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks I didn't relalize they were numbered, that will make it easy.