1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Firing order '98 5.7 liter?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dontcallmenelli, Aug 13, 2005.

1. dontcallmenelli

dontcallmenelli Junior Member
    from eastern

Could someone please help me? My husband has been trying to work on our 1998 Chevy 5.7 liter truck to give it a tune up. Some how he got side tracked and mixed up the spark plug wires and now it doesn't run for beans. I have been looking all over to get the correct firing order and I keep falling short. I am just about ready to call it quits on this truck. HELP! :(
    Thank you very much in advance.
  2. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

This is the firing order used on all Chevy V-8 engines until they went to the LS-series engines.
    I am asssuming that the engine in the truck is original or the original type, since the GenIII engines are not available in the trucks as a 5.7L.
  3. dontcallmenelli

dontcallmenelli Junior Member
    from eastern

Hey thanks a million. I will let him know so he can fix it right. I really appreciate it! ;)
  4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Shouldn't this be on the engine somewhere??? I always thought it is in the casting or stamped in the block???
  5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

The '95 and older small blocks had it cast into the intake manifold. The '96+ Vortec motor has a much different shaped intake and I don't think it is on there anywhere....