1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Firestone Transforce HT tire question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FIREMAN Q, Oct 11, 2013.

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

just picked up a new truck and it came with the above tire. anyone have experience with these tires while plowing. only have 900 miles on them now so tread wear wont be a problem.

Trying to avoid spending the extra money on tires for this winter. Just had to put 4 on another truck a few days ago.
  2. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Last winter I had to borrow my girlfriends fathers truck for a couple hours during a storm and it had those tires on it half worn, It was downright scary. I had to put my head out the window to see if the 4x4 was even working. it was only on a f150 short bed regular cab, so maybe if you have a heavier truck and they are new they will work better.
  3. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't run the HT, I do however buy Transforce AT and they have been very good. The HT is just what it says a highway tire