1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

firestone ride rites

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NY_plow_guy, Oct 14, 2009.

1. NY_plow_guy

NY_plow_guy Junior Member
    from CNY

I am looking in to getting a set of these for the front end of my truck (03 silverado 2500hd). I already have timbrens in as well as the torsion bars turned up 5-6 turns. I am still not quite happy with how it holds my new 8.5 fisher V. I have looked around but can not find any opinions on them. I could add heavier torsion bars as mine are not plow prep but they are a little more money then the Firestones. If the truck was new i think the bars would be ok but i believe that they are just weakened from time. I don't haul a lot or drive with the plow on alot but when i do its on for awhile or the load on the truck is heavy. The other reason for the Firestone's is that i would like to eventually add rear air springs with a compressor and auto leveling system like on a tractor trailer. and with them i could lower the pressure and the truck would ride normal. So what is every ones thoughts on these god or bad i would like to know.
    Thanks, Austin

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Best thing to add to a truck, other than a plow that is. I have them on all 4 corners, on board compressor, independent gauges and switches, on board air tank, and an auxiliary hose for tires. Very good investment for a plow/salt truck, you'll use them more than you think once you have them. :nod:

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I didn't know anything air adjustable is available for the Chevy fronts.

I just put a set of AirLifts on the rear of my 97 K2500. Still trying to figure out why I didn't do it two years ago.

4. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Unfortunately nothing for the 97 generation ............ yet...........

5. NY_plow_guy

NY_plow_guy Junior Member
    from CNY

well I ordered myself a set last night and will be installing them as soon as they come in. I will have my new tires on moday night then all i will have to do is put all my work lights and light bar back on after i build a new back rack for it all.